Any brave man to buy it and shave with? :-)

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Chris Richards

Post by Chris Richards »

Pretty sure that is a scapel.
drP
Shaving Brush Stockpiler

Post by drP »

It's very effective though: only one blade but with one pass ATG you'll never ever need to shave again..... :mrgreen:
Peter
lordjohn

Post by lordjohn »

Yup, it's a surgical scalpel all right. I have used one many times in the course of my career but the thought of one anywhere near my throat makes me shudder. I see the seller is batteti..batty I would say.

John
MOSES

Post by MOSES »

Y'all should stop worrying so much. Didn't you see the description? It is a SAFETY razor, after all.

-Mo
Alrighty, stickim up and hand over the Coates real nice and slow like....
slcsteve

Post by slcsteve »

Perhaps there was one........

Steve

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum europe vincendarum
rkowalick

Post by rkowalick »

I have feeling this person has no idea what is going on. The description also claims that the razor is made of bass...
MOSES

Post by MOSES »

rkowalick wrote:I have feeling this person has no idea what is going on. The description also claims that the razor is made of bass...
My guess is the seller accidentally attached the wrong picture to the listing.

-Mo
Alrighty, stickim up and hand over the Coates real nice and slow like....
Zach

Post by Zach »

MOSES wrote:
rkowalick wrote:I have feeling this person has no idea what is going on. The description also claims that the razor is made of bass...
My guess is the seller accidentally attached the wrong picture to the listing.

-Mo
No; I sent him an email about this, lest some poor innocent try to shave with it; this was the reply:

Hi.
Thank you very much for this information. I stop the auction and I'm going to change the descritpion. I have this idea for scalpel but but when I see the inscription GILLETTE I think about razor... once again thank you ........ bests regards,
Batteti
djmsalem

Post by djmsalem »

Well, you knew something fishy was going on ...
SteveK

Post by SteveK »

Perfectly nice #4 scalpel handle. A bit large, most use a #3. I'm not sure about the blade #. Would definitley stick with a razor, though; contrary to popular belief, a scalpel isn't all that sharp (compared to a
DE blade, that is).

Steve
dizz

Post by dizz »

Having worked in the graphic arts side of the print trade for 27 years, I spent the first 10 years with one of those in my hand every day all day and they are plenty sharp.
I have seen more than once someone trim the end of their fingers off and stab/slash arms and legs, (not nice) and I still panic when a customer reaches for the scalple to trim up a job.

They are a great tool, the one I use is made by Swan & Morton and no I have never shaved with it. :D