For anyone who knows "Gramps"

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
grampsdaughter

For anyone who knows "Gramps"

Post by grampsdaughter »

I know my father...nickname "Gramps"...frequents this website and has made friends with many of you, so I thought I should post this.

My dad had a heart attack last Thurday and as a result had an emergency triple bypass this Wednesday (the 5th). He is recovering in the hospital and should be home this week some time.

However, he will not be mobile enough to access the internet for a while. I just thought some of you might want to know and might wonder if he wasn't online for awhile.

If any of you wish me to pass on any messages please email me at preciousalibi@yahoo.com.
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

I'm going to stickie this! I will keep Gramps and family in my thoughts and hope he comes thru with a full recovery.

Thanks for posting this.
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire

Post by Trumperman »

Thank you for the information. I'm sure that many gentlemen here will appreciate the news. Hopefully you can come back and give us updates.

Thanks again,

Bill
Don't think......shave.
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

Wow, I just hope that Gramps gets better real soon and can join us once again on this forum, which I'm sure he loves.
Give him my best wishes, and a speedy recovery for him as well.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Thanks for remembering us and posting; as unfortunate as this news is. And, again, thanks, for including your email address so that we can ( indirectly ) communicate with him.
Gordon
Sue
Vendor

Post by Sue »

Thank you so much for posting this. Larry is a good man and he has my utmost respect. Please keep posting to let us all khow how he is doing. He has many friends here that care very much.
God Bless, Sue
nteeman

Post by nteeman »

Gramps is one of my best pals here at SMF and I must admit I am a bit shaken by this news. Please let him know that he is in my thoughts and prayers and I hope he mends quickly and well.

Sincerely,
-Neal (DE user since 1998)
I shave therefore I am

tonyespo
The Goldfather

Post by tonyespo »

Gramps was the first person to welcome me to SMF when I joined the forum. We have been friends since the first day I became a member. Gramps is the toughest guy around and he will get through this. Please keep us informed of his progress. My prayers are with him.
Tony Espo ( Lover of Knize )
Go for the GOLD.

Through my will power I dare to do what I want.
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

I'm sorry to hear this news about Gramps. He is one of the toughest gents that I know. I am sure he will whip this ailment with all the gusto and courage of any man alive. Get well Larry and come back soon.
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

My prayers are with Gramps and I hope he has a speedy recovery. You are very kind to let us know.

God Bless
Danny
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

My best to Gramps. I hope he's back to his old self soon.

- Murray
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Message sent - we all wish him the very best.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
ScottS

Post by ScottS »

Wishing Gramps a speedy recovery-- we all know he's too tough a bird to let something like this keep him down!
grampsdaughter

Post by grampsdaughter »

Thank you to everyone for their kind words and best wishes...I will be sure to pass them along to my Dad...

I will also keep you updated on his recovery until he his able to get back online.
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Thank you, Grampsdaughter, for alerting us. We all wish him the speediest of recoveries and will pray for him, and he knows that we miss him. Whenever something had to be said, we could count on Gramps to not mince words. Everytime I see that name, Gramps, I remember his picture and it bearing a striking resemblence to Willford Brimley

Sam
prism

Post by prism »

Grampsdaughter, thank you so much for letting us know about your dad. He will be in my thoughts and prayers! Please tell Gramps that there is an entire lost generation of young shavers out there who need his guidance, so a speedy recovery is imperative!!
Make Mine Menthol! Vic
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

I will keep Gramps and his family in my prayers.

Chris
DEF

Post by DEF »

My thoughts and prayers are with Gramps and with your family. He's a true gentleman and scholar, and during his recovery we fully expect him to live up to the billing of "Canadian badass" that runs with his picture here on the forum. Thanks for thinking of us.

Best wishes,
Doug
2clfrwrds

Post by 2clfrwrds »

When Justin went into the hospital, I was willing to shave with Proraso and an Aqua Velva chaser. But Gramps... Ice water and a bowie knife?? I wish I could, but I'd end up in the hospital too! I sure wish the man well, though.

--Glenn
wenestvedt

Post by wenestvedt »

Miss Gramps, thanks for letting us know.

I assume he did the first two bypasses himself, with the neck of a broken whiskey bottle, leaving only the third for the surgeon to make sure he'd been paying attention? :7)