" What Is Best Menthol A/S Balm "

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
rgarr

" What Is Best Menthol A/S Balm "

Post by rgarr »

What is the best A/S menthol Balm out there for moisturizing that is the lightest non sticky non greasy formula on the market that can be purchased in the US.

Most, if not all, menthol A/S Balms or just regular ones are heavy and leave a sticky residue on my face.

Also, some moisturizers don't due a very good job and after a few minutes you look in the mirror and your face looks dry.

I'm looking for something that absorbs well and leaves the skin feeling fresh and tingly with no glob of residual residue. And that is using an amount the size of a dime. Thanks!
-Always Keep A Smile On Your Face-
Bertie Wooster

Bath and Body Works

Post by Bertie Wooster »

Bath and Body Works carries an aftershave balm by C.O. Bigelow that has a pretty strong eucalyptus smell. Not sure how sticky or good it really is but it sure smelled powerful when I took a whiff at the store last night.
Some people are raised and others are just jerked up.
rgarr

Re: Bath and Body Works

Post by rgarr »

Bertie Wooster wrote:Bath and Body Works carries an aftershave balm by C.O. Bigelow that has a pretty strong eucalyptus smell. Not sure how sticky or good it really is but it sure smelled powerful when I took a whiff at the store last night.
I will see if I can get a sample of this and try it. I have a Bath & Body Works in a shopping mall close by. Thanks!
BlankTim

Post by BlankTim »

Bigelow/Proraso is a very nice menthol-ish eucalyptus.

If you're looking for the cooling effect, you might also be interested in Nancy Boy's "Cooling After-Shave Gel" in the Signature scent.
That's a peppermint experience rather than menthol, but it's a bit nicer I think, especially if you use their signature shave creme also.
-Tim
...So I lathered him with me shillelagh...
prism

Post by prism »

I highly recommend the Tryphon Mentolo aftershave balm. It is not greasy, absorbs quickly, and offers a fine menthol blast. http://www.razorandbrush.com/barberiaaftsha.html
Make Mine Menthol! Vic
Areler67

Post by Areler67 »

Nivea cooling ASB balm is a very good product
rgarr

Post by rgarr »

prism wrote:I highly recommend the Tryphon Mentolo aftershave balm. It is not greasy, absorbs quickly, and offers a fine menthol blast. http://www.razorandbrush.com/barberiaaftsha.html
I have ordered this last week because so many people have recommended it pretty much above everything else...especially you prism.

I also ordered Osage Rub and Proraso A/S Splash because of what I learned on this and other forums. If I order anything else for awhile my wife will throw me out of the house. :)

I already have Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba and the Nivea cooling ASB and they are very nice products in my opinion.

I'm a slow learner because I used to put on an amount the size of a quarter instead of a dime. No wonder my face was sticky and had a residue buildup.

I appreciate this forum and others because I'm gradually learning what I should have learned in my 20's.
prism

Post by prism »

Rgarr, the Mentolo is a quality product. The funny thing is, I prefer an alcohol-based splash to balms. Even when I use the Mentolo, I still apply a splash afterwards. Osage Rub is great stuff, for real menthol heads; same with Stephan Alpine Menthol. If you can find a bottle of Lustray Menthol, by all means, get it! Of course, you can't go wrong with the locally-available Mennen Skin Bracer! Great price, scent and a decent menthol kick.
Make Mine Menthol! Vic