Are these Swedes?

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
never2close

Are these Swedes?

Post by never2close »

I just received blades from the UK. I ordered Swedish Gillette blades, which work extremely well for me. The blades were packaged in a cardboard pack of 5 blades each and they say silver blue Gillette on the blade itself. This is different from the Swedes I picked up from West Coast. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by never2close on Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sfox7076
Keeper of the Coates

Post by Sfox7076 »

You have asked to eternal question of what constitutes a Swede. I have never had the pleasure of attacking my face with such a blade, but have used numerous Gillette blades that I thought were Swedes. One such group matches what you described. Is there anything written on the back of the package? These could be Swedes, but the magic 8-ball says it is doubtful.

Shawn
"A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, a great deal of it is absolutely fatal" - Oscar Wilde
never2close

Post by never2close »

Sfox7076 wrote:You have asked to eternal question of what constitutes a Swede. I have never had the pleasure of attacking my face with such a blade, but have used numerous Gillette blades that I thought were Swedes. One such group matches what you described. Is there anything written on the back of the package? These could be Swedes, but the magic 8-ball says it is doubtful.

Shawn
It says Gillette and then under it on the second line, Silver Blue. On one side it says, "Made by Gillette Czech S.R.O.". Dumb question, but are Swedes made in Sweden?
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

We need someone to do microscopic photos of various Gillette DE blades.
Last edited by Pauldog on Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
suffolksupplies
Vendor

Post by suffolksupplies »

Gillette Platinum / Swedes never state where they are made only where they are/were distributed.

Gillette Silver Blue are a NOS Stainless not Platinum coated blade, made in the Czech republic.

So two different blades but I prefer the Blues.

Regards,

Paul
Best regards,

Paul

Quality shaving products & toiletries from Connaught Shaving http://connaughtshaving.com
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

A common misconception that the "Swedish" Gillette's are made in Sweden. They are actually made in Poland.
Regards,
Jani
Sfox7076
Keeper of the Coates

Post by Sfox7076 »

Aztec,

How do you know they are made in Poland? I thought we never were able to establish where they were made.

Shawn
"A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, a great deal of it is absolutely fatal" - Oscar Wilde
never2close

Post by never2close »

For those interested. The Gillette Silver Blues are nice blades based on my one and only shave. Seems a bit less smooth than the Swedes, but nontheless a problem free two pass shave.
Occam

Post by Occam »

I don't know if they're Swedes but I know that this one is...

I don't know about you but when I see a Swede like that I think to myself what a handsome man the boyfriend/husband/lover must be... but it turns out that Victoria Silvstedt... the Swede in question is with this guy...

That's surely got to give hope to any man out there... tall or short... with a full set of hair or balding... thin or fat...

Maybe she's enlightened? Well maybe that's too strong a statement... maybe she's not as shallow as other hot babes? Hmm...

There's something fishy here... ;)

Maybe the guy's got something else that's not immediately apparent? You know... that can keep a fine Swede like her happy... real happy... me... I think he's just a great shaver... BBS every day... yeah that has to be it...

;)
Last edited by Occam on Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben

Merkur Futur in Au.
ichabod
Mackem

Post by ichabod »

Well, this Swede proved to be pretty sharp yesterday:

(Hey, if we're going off topic...)
Give us the luxuries, and we will forgo the necessities.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be toasty for the rest of his life.
Dominic
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Babes like padding on a man, especially in his wallet or checking account.

Squire
A_T-HeadShaver

Post by A_T-HeadShaver »

This is so funny. I posted in another thread that I didn't get swedes in my sampler. Didn't realize it was a Gillette thing though.
Ok here's what's on the back of my Gillette Platinum blade package from West Coast just above the bar code.

Distributed by/ Distribue' par Gillette
EMB 92693
Levallis-Perret Cedex,
Espoo-Esbo, Kobenhavn
London TW7 5NP, Oslo,
Stockholm

Is it safe to assume that this qualifies as Swedes?
Big Swifty

Post by Big Swifty »

Yep,
Those are what we call swedes...
~Steve

~proponent of a strong salvation army, born again Calvinist, cunning linguist, flaming heterosexual

"Life is too short to drink shitty beer"
letterk
Vendor

Post by letterk »

Yup, those are the Swedes. The other Swede (new) packaging says P&G UK on the back.
John

WestCoastShaving.com - The Original DE Blade Sampler Packs, Shavemac, Proraso, Merkur, Valobra, Pre de Provence and more!
dridiot

Post by dridiot »