For Sale: Emillion by Rooney

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

For Sale: Emillion by Rooney

Post by rustyblade »

Like new, used 5-6 times.

$145 shipped in NA, paypal--no credit cards.
Richard
drP
Shaving Brush Stockpiler

Post by drP »

Richard, Richard..... =;
Peter
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

drP wrote:Richard, Richard..... =;

I hate to sabotage my own sale but this brush proves that having a super dense knot does not necessarily make a good shave brush. It feels nice on the face that's for sure but the brush has lousy 'flow through'. It is probably best suited for a bowl-latherer to properly mix (read:mash the brush) the lather throughout the brush. I'm having to change my routine to suit the brush and that isn't on.
Richard
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Richard, I was feeling the same way as you when I first got mine, man is it dense and mixing up lather was a pain. But as time went on the properties of the brush changed and it works superbly now, took me three months to break it in if you will.
Regards,
Marty
---------------------------------------------------

"Be still! Me mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of thought cascading in a waterfall of creative alternatives."
Slant-Fan

Post by Slant-Fan »

Whistler wrote:Richard, I was feeling the same way as you when I first got mine, man is it dense and mixing up lather was a pain. But as time went on the properties of the brush changed and it works superbly now, took me three months to break it in if you will.
Same here. It took awhile. Full disclosure, I am a bowl soap/cream latherer.
Regards,

jimmy
dridiot

Post by dridiot »

Richard,
When I first got my CH2 ( a little different, I know), I couldn't get decent lather for a week or so, no matter how I try. After the brush has been broken in, it is a whole different beast.

Well...

Regards,
Jason
rikrdo

Post by rikrdo »

if my Sticky sells.....this Will BE MINE !!

Muuuuu-uuu-hahahaha :twisted:
rick
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

I honestly have little patience, this brush just doesn't do it for me and it doesn't fit my style of shaving.

Somebody buy it! It is a good deal for Canadians at this price...no duty, conversion loss, shipping, and taxes.
Richard
razorsedge

Agree

Post by razorsedge »

I have to agree with Richard, I bought 2 Rooney Heritage (1 Horn), Used them once or twice and that was enough to decide, it was not for me. I just couldn't get the lather to surface. It seemed like i was always squeezing and just using it to paint. That is when i realized that Heritage dense is not for me. I never had a similar issue with my Simpson or Plisson which are not nearly as dense as the Heritage line

Ameet
Empty Words

Post by Empty Words »

pm sent
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Pending.
Richard
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Ah yes....traditional shave curmudgeons....a bad combination; quite discerning but little patience. I must admit ( although I'd rather not ) that I am similiar. I try a shave cream, and it doesn't work well, and I report same. In come the posts; "...well, you could...", "..when I tried ( turning it upside down, sticking it in the fridge for 7.4 hrs, doing a dance. etc. ) it worked fine.....". Nix. It didn't work the way I normally lather creams...it's no good, and out it goes! Oh, and just for the record, I do use a bowl to lather creams and for that, the Emillion works nicely ( chuckle ).
Regards,
Gordon
Cigar Dan

Post by Cigar Dan »

rustyblade wrote:I hate to sabotage my own sale but this brush proves that having a super dense knot does not necessarily make a good shave brush. It feels nice on the face that's for sure but the brush has lousy 'flow through'. It is probably best suited for a bowl-latherer to properly mix (read:mash the brush) the lather throughout the brush. I'm having to change my routine to suit the brush and that isn't on.
Good to know, as I am also a face latherer.

Good luck with the sale.
Danny
goose

Post by goose »

I think the Emillion does probably work best lathering in a bowl or hand. With my Emillion it continued to get better with age and it has more flow-through now than it had when it was new. I thought about selling mine for the same reason you did, but I'm glad I didn't.

Clint
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Well, Richard, I'll help with your sale: I face lather and I love the Emillion. The flow-through is less than most other brushes, but I find it highly useable still. It wants to hold onto lather the first few uses, but thereafter it opens up a bit and, while maintaining its dense feel, allows the lather to exit without truly mashing it. The facefeel is, as you said, luxurious, whether working the lather up or painting it on. I love my Simpson Best, my Vulfix Super, and a couple of others, but this brush provides something different that I find highly enjoyable. I imagine it would work quite well for bowl latherers, too, but face-lathering Harris and Trumper soaps daily, I find it performs beautifully. I do always find more lather left in the loft at the end of the shave than with other brushes. It goes into a bowl on top of some Arko and the whole mess gets used up for the second shave of the day, should I decide I want one. At any rate, it's a terrific brush, even for face latherers.

Regards,
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

I'll second what Tim said (other than the Simspons love). Yesterday I whipped up some Trumper's Coconut cream on the face and experienced wonderful lather, with plenty for three passes. Flow through is not a real problem, although it is less than my less dense brushes. A great brush at a very good price.
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
John 5

Post by John 5 »

Richard, you suck. I would absolutely not trust you with my daughter, if I had one. You don't stick to anything. How could you give up on an Emillion so quick?

Is it still for sale?
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

John 5 wrote:Richard, you suck. I would absolutely not trust you with my daughter, if I had one. You don't stick to anything. How could you give up on an Emillion so quick?

Is it still for sale?
Ouch! :lol:

Yeah, it's still for sale. Paypal me... :whistle:
Richard
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Sold (last week).
Richard