Coticule only?

Use a straight. You know it makes sense.
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

loueedacat1 wrote: El, be careful about putting that chant in a post. The hair on my legs fell off when I read it.
But if you didn't have to strop your legs for the next 37 days it proves that the chant works!

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
loueedacat1

Post by loueedacat1 »

Did my wife tell you I strop my legs!? I was trying to keep that quiet.
Chap

Post by Chap »

I thought I would update all the fine fellows who helped me make a decision.

Having received my BBW, I set about ruining my razors. After I learned restraint, and honed my honing technique, things are going along swimmingly. I have now reached the point where I can take a razor that I find unacceptble in terms of shaving quality, and bring it up to a very comfortable edge, and also passing the HHT. It feels great to now be self sufficent ( mainly ) in terms of keeping my razors sharp.

Thank you all for the help you have given me, and I encourage those out there who are thinking about starting the honing process to give it a go, caring for your own razors is a satisfying experience.
Proraso Man

Post by Proraso Man »

I think that you can do nearly everything you want with a coticule.
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: Coticule only?

Post by drmoss_ca »

How times change, and how we may be embarrassed by our past pronouncements! Searching for my previous attempts at coticule only finishing, I found this thread. I cannot recall doing the things I describe above, though no doubt I did. Now I'm finding the coticule can be a good finish stone, if used correctly, and without all the palaver of gradually decreased slurry concentration.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace