New guy

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Moe Joe

New guy

Post by Moe Joe »

Hello!
First of all, you guys have a great site here. I'm 45 and until I found this site (from Basenotes.com) I shaved with a M3 and Barbarsol. I next switched to American Crew shave cream which was an imediate improvement. I now have an old boar hair brush and Saint Charles soap. I'm starting to understand what a luxurios shave might be. I have several DE Gillettes coming in from E-bay (standard, Superspeed, adjustable) and other goodies. I also won a Wade & Butcher straight edge, to broaden my new found interest.
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

Welcome MJ, this is the place to be. A great place to read, ask questions and learn - at least it's been for me. Let the journey begin !
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Welcome to the forum.
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

welcome sir.

sam
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Welcome.

I hope you have some spare cash/credit card room for all the new shaving supplies you will now "need."
Richard
flyfoxx

Post by flyfoxx »

Welcome MJ.

Start out slowly and have a good time. Spread out your purchases and have them make sense. You do not want to get into "The Flavor Of The Month Buying". Work on your technique and continue to acquire knowledge. And then and only then; Go For Broke :P Enjoy!

-Greg-
Facing the truth requires that we retain an ongoing openness to the possibility that we may not be seeing ourselves--or others--accurately.
LXE

Re: New guy

Post by LXE »

Moe Joe wrote:Hello!
First of all, you guys have a great site here. I'm 45 and until I found this site (from Basenotes.com) I shaved with a M3 and Barbarsol. I next switched to American Crew shave cream which was an imediate improvement. I now have an old boar hair brush and Saint Charles soap. I'm starting to understand what a luxurios shave might be. I have several DE Gillettes coming in from E-bay (standard, Superspeed, adjustable) and other goodies. I also won a Wade & Butcher straight edge, to broaden my new found interest.
Glad to have you aboard, Moe Joe. You can learn a lot by using the search feature here. If it doesn't give you what you want, a question or comment posted to the forums will yield a number of thoughtful, well-informed replies.

Inevitably, the praise for them will become too much and you'll just have to get a Feather. I wish Christmas would hurry up and get here - I want mine! ](*,)
ALEXEI
The academic community has in it the biggest concentration of alarmists,
cranks and extremists this side of the giggle house.
- William F. Buckley, Jr.
JackieMartling

Post by JackieMartling »

Alexei, you're not kidding about the effect of the praise for Feather straights. I actually had one - a Pleana - and had a distastrous time with it, eventually selling it. Despite that, every now and again I get a hankering for an Artist Club, just because of all the wonderful thins I read in here about them. What am I thinking?

By the way, welcome, Mo Joe.

Nathan
tonyespo
The Goldfather

Post by tonyespo »

Welcome Moe Joe. I guess you know it is easy to get addicted to shaving. If you continue to read the post here you will most likely catch something yourself. Most of us have SCAD. Many of us have RAD. The more weathy of the group have SBAD. So enter at your own risk.

Always remember the PERFECT SHAVE is out there somewhere.

Tony Espo
Tony Espo ( Lover of Knize )
Go for the GOLD.

Through my will power I dare to do what I want.
Moe Joe

Post by Moe Joe »

Thanks for the warm welcome. You can call me Joe.
JackieMartling

Post by JackieMartling »

I'll call you Joe, but most people will still call you Moe Joe, unless you put "Joe" in your signature line, or sign by the name of Joe, because most people won't know any better.

Nathan
CRR

Post by CRR »

Welcome Joe. You'll learn lots here, great fun.
Chris.

Steady Boy, Steady!
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Moe Joe,

Great name. And welcome. Looks like you are already infected with RAD. But don't worry, it's a well kept secret, but there is a cure. SCAD!

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books