Woolies for Winter

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Ecosse

Woolies for Winter

Post by Ecosse »

No, not the shops, but the decidedly lamb-tastic soap! Last week got a good cold snap in Ohio and I was quite looking forward to protecting my skin with a good coating of lanolin every morning. Well, its back in the 40sF and the dryness of the air hasn't quite set in yet so I find myself reaching for other soaps. But I must ask, many people switch to creams for the winter but are there any Winter Woolies out there that dedicate the cold harsh winters to MWF?
jww
Woolly Bully

Re: Woolies for Winter

Post by jww »

Ecosse wrote:No, not the shops, but the decidedly lamb-tastic soap! Last week got a good cold snap in Ohio and I was quite looking forward to protecting my skin with a good coating of lanolin every morning. Well, its back in the 40sF and the dryness of the air hasn't quite set in yet so I find myself reaching for other soaps. But I must ask, many people switch to creams for the winter but are there any Winter Woolies out there that dedicate the cold harsh winters to MWF?
You have to ask? Really?

While I find MWF to be a fine all-season product, I particularly like it in the winter.... and in the spring .... and in the summer..... and even in the fall.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
marsos52

Post by marsos52 »

no matter what the season MWF is always the soap for me

i do also use trumpers coconut oil soap and cream

last month i was out of town and i just used trumpers cream because of travel and when i got back home my first shave was with MWF and i have to say i missed it so much. and the scent seemed so much stronger.

but there isnt any thing about MWF i dont like

love at first lather and the honeymoon has never ended

marc
ChemErik

Post by ChemErik »

I don't know that I go to just one soap in any season, but I've noticed I don't like some soaps more when the air is dry. Lately that's been Prarie Creations and MWF.
84.3% of statistics are made up on the spot.
JarmoP

Post by JarmoP »

I alternate between Michell's wool fat and Tabac soaps. Both being tallow based are ideal in my opinion for the cold weather for providing the moisturization.

Tabac scent is warm, so some may not like it so much in summer months and preferring them mentholated cooling creams like Proraso that time. I myself use Tabac all year round.

MWF is more subdued in scent than Tabac, so I can imagine folks liking its scent in the summer too, though the scent is warm too.

As a winter soap MWF is ideal, it is also, perhaps, a tad more moisturizing than Tabac.
Jarmo
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Gary, I can see why some would but in the Deep South it stays humid all year round so for me it doesn't matter.
Regards,
Squire
Empty Words

Post by Empty Words »

I use MWF about twice a week throughout the year. I'd use it more if I didn't have so many other soaps and creams. I don't think I'll use MWF any more than usual this winter, instead I'll use a moisturizer after each shave.
vtmax

Post by vtmax »

Wendell's winters are like mine in Vermont so no argument there but I have noticed over the years reaching for the creams in the winter months and all soaps (MWF, DR Harris, Trumpers in the summer,) prefer the protection of the creams in the dry weather but I will say Wendell is devoted to you know what!

Max
Ecosse

Re: Woolies for Winter

Post by Ecosse »

jww wrote:
Ecosse wrote:No, not the shops, but the decidedly lamb-tastic soap! Last week got a good cold snap in Ohio and I was quite looking forward to protecting my skin with a good coating of lanolin every morning. Well, its back in the 40sF and the dryness of the air hasn't quite set in yet so I find myself reaching for other soaps. But I must ask, many people switch to creams for the winter but are there any Winter Woolies out there that dedicate the cold harsh winters to MWF?
You have to ask? Really?

While I find MWF to be a fine all-season product, I particularly like it in the winter.... and in the spring .... and in the summer..... and even in the fall.
:lol: Wendell, I knew that would get a good response from you. In the warmer weather though I have to refrain from using it too much, my skin tends to feel funny after so many applications of of lanolin.
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

Since I live in the high desert it's basically dry and windy here year 'round with the occassional rain or sometimes even snow. MWF is my "go to" soap no matter what the season.
Regards,
David
mlp2147

Post by mlp2147 »

I placed my order lastnight to finally try out the wool fat out for myself. Can't wait...
Mike
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Last edited by jww on Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wendell

jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

mlp2147 wrote:I placed my order lastnight to finally try out the wool fat out for myself. Can't wait...
Mike
Ah yes, another padawan apprentice joins the ranks.

Shave like Yoda!

Wendell

IanM

Post by IanM »

I don't think that any soap actively moisturises. All soaps are designed to disperse oil from your beard, and they will also do this to your skin.

However, some soaps dry you less then others, and MWF appears to be one of the least drying :)

Ian
Those who design "Fool Proof" systems often underestimate the ability of fools.
sparkster123

Post by sparkster123 »

IanM wrote:I don't think that any soap actively moisturises. All soaps are designed to disperse oil from your beard, and they will also do this to your skin.

However, some soaps dry you less then others, and MWF appears to be one of the least drying :)

Ian
actually for me it does moisturize my skin and leaves it soft. all my other creams and soaps left my skin dry and had to use some type of lotion after i shaved. of course this is the first time i have used a top quality type soap.
randy

woolfat woolster
mmortus

Post by mmortus »

desertbadger wrote: MWF is my "go to" soap no matter what the season.
+1 :lol: !!!

The “Fat” everyday accompanied with the MWF Bath Soap in the shower…pure luxury!!!
Regards,
Matt
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

mmortus wrote:

The “Fat” everyday accompanied with the MWF Bath Soap in the shower…pure luxury!!!
Luxury indeed (listen to the comment from grandddad getting his mushy peas). :wink:
Wendell

Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Tell the truth Wendell, you do have a shrine in your house, right?
Regards,
Squire
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Squire wrote:Tell the truth Wendell, you do have a shrine in your house, right?
Admittedly, I do. :D
Wendell

Flash G

Post by Flash G »

jww wrote:
mmortus wrote:

Luxury indeed (listen to the comment from grandddad getting his mushy peas). :wink:
FANTASTIC! :lol:
Eric