PIF - Free shaving kit for a US vet or active serviceman

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
yuppiejr

PIF - Free shaving kit for a US vet or active serviceman

Post by yuppiejr »

Hi gents,

As a small token of thanks to both the ShaveMyFace community and those who are serving or have served in the United States military I'd like to offer a basic DE shaving kit to a veteran that would like to give "old fashioned" wet shaving a try.

The kit will include:

1 x Feather Portable Safety Razor (tech clone, brand new)
1 x Burma Shave Badger Hair Brush (brand new)
1 x Tube Erasmic Shaving Cream (once used)
1 x Puck Van Der Hagen Shave Soap (once used)
7 x blade sampler (Shark, Derby, Lord, Wilkinson, Gillette 7-O'Clock, Iridium, Persona Red) - there are also two Feather blades with the razor.

I'll take care of shipping (within the CONUS of course), I'm also open to providing this kit to an established ShaveMyFace community member who knows of a veteran in his or her community that might be a good candidate. I've never shipped to an APO but would be fine with that as well.

All I'm looking for is a response to this thread or PM with a brief description of your service (or the person you'd like to request this kit on behalf of), first come - first serve.

Thanks gents,

J
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

Call your nearest Veteran's Administration hospital- services office or a VFW (Veterans of foriegn wars) American legion etc. Since Vietnam and the OUTREACH programme there are many satellite offices. A local USO is another resource. The Salvation Army is another deservng organisation that assists may homeless vets. A younger vet may not appreciate what you offer. An older one will, and there are plenty out there in bad shape.
Do this locally and contribute the shipping. The shaver may be hungry or need a toothbrush and toothpaste.
MR.Z

Post by MR.Z »

I applaud your generous offer.
yuppiejr

Post by yuppiejr »

KAV wrote:Call your nearest Veteran's Administration hospital- services office or a VFW (Veterans of foriegn wars) American legion etc. Since Vietnam and the OUTREACH programme there are many satellite offices. A local USO is another resource. The Salvation Army is another deservng organisation that assists may homeless vets. A younger vet may not appreciate what you offer. An older one will, and there are plenty out there in bad shape.
Do this locally and contribute the shipping. The shaver may be hungry or need a toothbrush and toothpaste.
Great suggestions, I actively support both the VFW and Vietnam Vets Association locally with donations of cash and goods, they are great organazations. I figured I'd target this specific option at someone in the DE community who got here due to their interest in wet shaving and is likely to put the kit to good use, hopefully there will be a taker. :) Regards -- J
yuppiejr

Post by yuppiejr »

The kit is spoken for and will be deployed to a deserving US Marine. Happy Thursday -- J.
mlp2147

Post by mlp2147 »

yuppiejr wrote:The kit is spoken for and will be deployed to a deserving US Marine. Happy Thursday -- J.
Thanks J.

Mike
highball

Post by highball »

nice offer
Crag

Post by Crag »

Awesome offer. I use that razor on my head, and it is a beautiful shaver. Thanks for supporting the troops. God bless you and God Bless America!
Matt

"The 'Path of least resistance' is what makes rivers and Men crooked."
--Ezra Taft Benson
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Hey, if you can PM me the name and addy of the guy and I can supply some DE blades
TommyDawg

Post by TommyDawg »

Superb idea. Very generous, and yet typical of the real gentlemen on these boards. Well done!
Tom
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

57 thumbs up.

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum