A Word About Colonial Drug

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
prism

A Word About Colonial Drug

Post by prism »

I have nothing but praise for this fine establishment! I dealt with Cathy, who is truly a Lady of High Order. She is very personable and her product knowledge is impressive! She was also very patient with me while I made up my mind about the Plisson, never felt any pressure. In fact, Cathy reserved it for me after our first conversation. SMF members are treated royally at this store! I ordered my brush Sunday eve, and received it Tuesday! Shipping via UPS, free for SMF members. My Plisson brush stand? No charge! Samples? You bet! Kent , CF Lavender and Edwin Jagger Aloe Vera shaving creams; Knize Ten (How is TonyEspo these days?) 2.5ml toilet water spray; Kneipp Body Wash and Badedas Bath Gelee, 2 each. A public thank you to Cathy for her generosity and for making my purchase a VERY enjoyable experience!! Gentlemen, do not hesitate to do business with Cathy and Colonial Drug! Highly recommended!!!
Make Mine Menthol! Vic
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Vic, when they get the website up and running, I really think the business will take off for them from forum members. They have a lot of colognes and I think basenotes will feed off that and then the lady sites, and with free shipping - oh, I can see them being very desireable, because many websites dont discount say one line and heck, with free shipping, might as well get that one pot of Castle Forbes rather than wait until later
prism

Post by prism »

Sam, Cathy could'nt put a date on when the site would be up, but she did make it sound like it would be very soon. As far as the free shipping, I was very happy with that! All of the samples was a very nice touch. I agree that their business should pick up substantially with a website; they know how to treat people. I'll definitely be doing business with them again, although it's going to be awhile. :)
Make Mine Menthol! Vic
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

Well, we know the site address, but what's there now is like a really really (really) nice ad in a magazine. A "true" website for a retailer, based on current expectations, is one that allows the customer to view a complete list of products, find out which ones are in stock, and place an order directly without a phone call or a separate email. I'm not saying that's the way things ought to be, and certainly not everyone wishes to run their business this way; but I am saying that this is what "having a website" now means.
DEF

Post by DEF »

Vic,

Although I didn't buy a Plisson, I had the pleasure of that same kind of experience a few years ago when I found myself in Boston for a conference. Cathy gave me the warmest reception and sent me home with several generous freebies, which included -- at that time -- a tube of Coates Lavender shave cream.
Doug
prism

Post by prism »

Doug, wow, nice freebie! I'd love to visit the store someday. Did you escape without much damage?
Make Mine Menthol! Vic
DEF

Post by DEF »

I know I bought Caron Yatagan and R&G Eau de Gingembre, but not sure what else, if any. I was traveling carry-on, so didn't have much spare room. The freebie-to-purchased ratio was quite generous, anyway.

I subsequently mail ordered Knize 10 from them a couple of years ago.
Doug