Does anyone ordered from qedusa.com lately? Have you?

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
chris1978

Does anyone ordered from qedusa.com lately? Have you?

Post by chris1978 »

Does anyone ordering the Shaving Creams and Shaving Soaps from qedusa.com lately? I think that the price at qedusa.com is a great place to shop. I never brought anything but I have been brought things from westcoastshaving.com before. QEDmanusa is cheaper than anying of these shaving vendors. I will buy it soon. I was planning to buy either D.R. Harris or Geo F. Trumper shaving creams or shaving soaps. Maybe I'll buy both.

West Coast Shaving and Lee's Safety Razors is little expensive to buy but Classc Shaving.com is too expesive and bullgooseshaving.com is O.K. but not great.

QEDman usa is the only website has the cheaper price ever had. They have D.R. Harris, Geo. F. Trumper and Taylor of Old Bond Street shaving Creams and Shaving Soaps. They also have shaving creams and shaving soaps in different brands.

What is your favorite shaving website that you like to ordering or that you can afford for you own money?
crankymoose

Post by crankymoose »

in addition to those you mentioned for the items you mentioned, I also check out vintagebladesllc.com and straightrazordesings.com who also have DR Harris prodcuts at very competitive prices
Jim
marsos52

Post by marsos52 »

i dont see the need for comparing the shaving gear websites

i have used several ,,more than several.. and i have gotten the best of service from each one..

also there prices on items that most all shaving gear sites carry and generally very compeditive with each other.. all the web stores really take good care of there customers in many ways..

fast shipping.. free trail and sample items.. free shipping when orders get to a certain level..and that is only to mention a few...and they remember there customers that come back and re-order

so when a site is a couple dollars more than another,,in one way or another it evens itself out in the long run...

over the years i have 3 main web stores that i order them the most..
each has a product i use and the others dont carry...

as far as same items that they each carry.. if there is a small price difference i couldnt care

marc
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

I'm with Marc on this. Many good on-line suppliers, all are excellent to deal with.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Hodari D.

Post by Hodari D. »

I have ordered from QED recently and it is great service. I think what sets QED apart is its prices on Trumpers creams and soaps, which is the best I've seen. He also carries the EJ razors that I've been wanting lately.
Best,
Scott
vtmax

Post by vtmax »

And DaVinci Water, a nice hydrosol.

Max
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

I ordered most of my initial horde from Charles at QED and had nothing but great experiences. Once I have need, I'll likely go back - although I do also like to spread my business around, and there are a LOT of top-notch vendors out there...
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.
loueedacat1

Post by loueedacat1 »

QED is great, as are all the vendors you listed. And they all have good prices and quick fulfillment. bestgroomingtools.com is good too. QED's QED line of soaps is one of my favorites as well.

Does anyone know what happened to shavingessentials.net? They were awesome as well but the site has been down for ages.
m3m0ryleak

Post by m3m0ryleak »

QED is double plus good, his line of Savile Row brushes are some of the best available to the wet shaving community.
Tony

"They say that dreams are growing wild just this side of Burma Shave" - Tom Waits
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

Online vendors do not keep boxes of soaps and blades stacked next to a computer with a business program and a cold drink for UPS in their extra bedroom. These folks have overheads, licenses ( including fish and game ) state and local taxes and a no small investment to start up. We expect them to chase down some new soap made by monks in the Carpathian Mountains in Transylvania, take digital calipers to make sure our new brush is in spec and still beat out some outfit few have heard of because they sell a product for less money.
Lee's and Bullgoose have different prices, not because they stay up at night like Mr Burns plotting market domination and mutual annihilation, but because of margins; another word for profit that can go into a new water heater or ploughed back into the new aftershave those clever monks are now making from plum brandy with a drawing of Vad Teps and red writing.
I buy from Phil because A. He is a superb dealer and friend and B. A proactive citizen supports his local economy. I would hope people near NYC would equally support LEE'S. If Phil chooses not to stock the carpathian aftershave,then I would again buy from LEE'S if he does.
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

I'm with Marc on this. Many good on-line suppliers, all are excellent to deal with.
add me to the list
de gustibus non est disputandum
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

I have ordered from QED before and even had a long conversation on the phone with Charles too. Great guy.

However, if I want to see (and smell) what I am purchasing, I go to the brick and mortar location for www.shoplondons.com in Charlotesville VA.

Makes for a great day out with the wife, we can go to some nice Virginia wineries, have a picnic outside of the wineries and enjoy the mountain views and/or have a nice lunch at some great restaurants. Plus we always like going to Harris Teeter grocery store, we are lacking that one here in Richmond and became spoiled by them when we lived in North Carolina.
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

I add on that QED is among the many great vendors available to us.
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
loueedacat1

Post by loueedacat1 »

KAV wrote:some new soap made by monks in the Carpathian Mountains in Transylvania,.
Is that tallow based?
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

My Fiancee in Bucharest says yes, but they got it from some Roma and I should be carefull.
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

KAV wrote:My Fiancee in Bucharest says yes, but they got it from some Roma and I should be carefull.
By all means; fourth ingredient down from the top is garlic.
Ron
Nate

Post by Nate »

(Nate contributes to digression,) Who has tried the Hydrolast Afetrshave Conditioner from Enchante?
murchmb

Post by murchmb »

Nate wrote:(Nate contributes to digression,) Who has tried the Hydrolast Afetrshave Conditioner from Enchante?
It's excellent, especially in the cold, dry months. I little goes a long way. I have the Peppermint and a sample of Sandalwood.
Mike
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

Nate wrote:(Nate contributes to digression,) Who has tried the Hydrolast Afetrshave Conditioner from Enchante?
It's probably my No.1 - I have Peppermint & Unscented...
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.
DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

I'm not sure what point the OP is trying to make. If it's to determine who the best vendor of shaving products is based on price, then IMHO it's not the right question.

Price is one factor but also what a vendor stocks, shipping time, customer service, etc. are all important factors.

I, for one, feel lucky that we have so many great vendors to choose from. I have purchased from all the vendors on the OP's list with great satisfaction, and will continue to do so.
Paul