Has anyone tried the newly reformulated KMF creams?

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
e d o

Has anyone tried the newly reformulated KMF creams?

Post by e d o »

Last week I noticed the packaging has changed. A closer inspection revealed a formulation change too. It looks like they have removed the parabens, replaced glycol with glycerin and a few other things I don't recall. They have also reduced the size of the tube slightly to 100 ml. which now means it can be carried on aircraft. Has anyone tried the new stuff? I was tempted to pick up a tube but have so many creams & soaps I just couldn't do it.
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Re: Has anyone tried the newly reformulated KMF creams?

Post by TRBeck »

e d o wrote:I was tempted to pick up a tube but have so many creams & soaps I just couldn't do it.
I'm in the same boat as you. It was always nice to know the lavender & shea was there in case the 400 other shave preps I own went kaput all at once. It's a very nice, if light, true lavender scent and lathers like crazy. But I just couldn't bring myself to buy it.

Eh, I'll probably try the new formula soon and, if it's no good, my wife will use it brushless.

Regards,
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
e d o

Post by e d o »

I seem to mostly use the KMF creams when I travel. They are really great for that and allow you to leave your brush at home. I seem to be partial to the lavender & vanilla.

I'll probably weaken and pick up a tube of lavender.
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

I just got the reformulated unscented cream in a tube, since the health food markets I normally shop at didn't have the lime. Will report back after I use it. (Really is a small tube, dwarfed by all the other brands on the shelf.)
Ron
SilverKarn

Post by SilverKarn »

The best part is that on the pump bottle the pump opening is no longer so small that the cream dries in it and sprays everywhere the next time you use it.
aircraft_electrician

Post by aircraft_electrician »

SilverKarn wrote:The best part is that on the pump bottle the pump opening is no longer so small that the cream dries in it and sprays everywhere the next time you use it.
This is indeed good news...as long as the product inside the bottle is as good as it was, well, we'll see.
A razor is a good deal like a gun, much depends on the man behind it - paraphrased from John Philip Sousa

ALWAYS wear a helmet when on 2 wheels; a helmet saved my life on 1Oct2007!
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Tried it and it's definitely slicker, with enough glide left over for another go-around. All else is about the same. Since this is the new deal, we'll have to eat the higher price and smaller tube.
Ron