FS: simpson tulip 3 2band-sold

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
gil3591

FS: simpson tulip 3 2band-sold

Post by gil3591 »

i know i just got it but i found a nice price on a new polo so if someone wants this brush it's $165 includes shipping conus.55mm loft. pm for paypal address. it's definately not a shedder and used only about 6 times. original box too.

lowered to $145. shipped conus
lowered to:125.00
Last edited by gil3591 on Mon May 23, 2011 5:48 am, edited 5 times in total.
Gil
futur/EJ357/ gillette redtip
iridium ,blue IP
thater, shavemac.anchorset/tgn,sr3226
dirty bird
and a prayer
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

Somehow I knew this would wind up on the B/S/T. :lol:
http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

well, the pricing police on another forum informed me that my price is too high! kinda urked me ! this is a free country isn't it? anyway, my asking price was based on what i paid and i was unfamiliar that a cheaper price for a new one could be had. so, i will lower the price "shipped conus" to you guys but not to the snots on the other forum! :twisted: $154
Gil
iridium ,blue IP
dirty bird
and a prayer
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

trade pending
Gil
iridium ,blue IP
dirty bird
and a prayer
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

insomniac wrote:
gil3591 wrote:anyway, my asking price was based on what i paid
You paid $139.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread ... ost3050974
you should get your facts straight. this is the second tulip. the first one i paid $139 and sold it. this one cost $179 and i think you can mind your own business thank you

wait a minute, i know you! you're the wise guy from b&b that jumped all over fido's brushes with negative comments and had no experience with his brushes. now you're here with 2 posts and telling me what's up!

if you had been around for longer than 2 posts you could have followed my thread about my tulip adventure and known i had bought two.
Gil
iridium ,blue IP
dirty bird
and a prayer
SRD

Post by SRD »

Anyone that's been here any length of time knows Gil buys many brushes and sometimes sells them the same day :D . Even then he sells them at less than he paid. Hopefully this won't turn into the same sad attack on Gil that took place on the kiddie forum.
Dave
insomniac

Post by insomniac »

If this was indeed a new brush, I humbly apologize.
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

yeah, and this guy already slammed me over at "you know where" so i'll probably get banned there ( i retaliated) !

"IF" ? there's no IF'S about it!!
Gil
iridium ,blue IP
dirty bird
and a prayer
Crag

Post by Crag »

Gill,

The "other" folks you speak of are also mostly members of this board too, so spouting off and whining because we suggested that you lower your price is infantile as is your attitude toward it....

There are two ways to look at everything and it seems that you have chosen to believe that we were denigrating you, when in fact, my comment was meant to help you sell it in a fair "market Value' economy which are the shave B/S/T on any forum. I believe that the information we posted was factual, and can be proven.

Take it however you want. Frankly, I don't care to ever speak to or post on another comment of yours again.
Matt

"The 'Path of least resistance' is what makes rivers and Men crooked."
--Ezra Taft Benson
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

Crag wrote:Gill,

The "other" folks you speak of are also mostly members of this board too, so spouting off and whining because we suggested that you lower your price is infantile as is your attitude toward it....

There are two ways to look at everything and it seems that you have chosen to believe that we were denigrating you, when in fact, my comment was meant to help you sell it in a fair "market Value' economy which are the shave B/S/T on any forum. I believe that the information we posted was factual, and can be proven.

Take it however you want. Frankly, I don't care to ever speak to or post on another comment of yours again.
that's great, thanks! i appreciate your help. but my information was more factual and truthful and i don't recall asking for your help
Last edited by gil3591 on Wed May 04, 2011 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gil
iridium ,blue IP
dirty bird
and a prayer
insomniac

Post by insomniac »

gil3591 wrote:yeah, and this guy already slammed me over at "you know where"so i'll probably get banned there ( i retaliated) !

Actually, I was going to offer to PM the mods to allow you to note in the thread that the brush you bought was new, not used, and you weren't trying to "flip" a brush.

IMHO it's not particularly fair that an incorrect accusation should be "the last word."
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

insomniac wrote:
gil3591 wrote:yeah, and this guy already slammed me over at "you know where"so i'll probably get banned there ( i retaliated) !

Actually, I was going to offer to PM the mods to allow you to note in the thread that the brush you bought was new, not used, and you weren't trying to "flip" a brush.

IMHO it's not particularly fair that an incorrect accusation should be "the last word."
i've calmed down now so i will say, your damage has been done (they closed the thread) and i really don't care if the "mods" over there do anything. i'm done with 'the other place".
Gil
iridium ,blue IP
dirty bird
and a prayer
insomniac

Post by insomniac »

gil3591 wrote:
insomniac wrote:

i've calmed down now so i will say, your damage has been done(they closed the thread) and i really don't care if the "mods" over there do anything. i'm done with 'the other place".
Gil, there were overreactions on both sides, you shouldn't let one incident dissuade you from "the other place."

I don't believe the damage has been "done" and if you wish me to try to make it right as best I can, the offer is open.
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

insomniac wrote:
gil3591 wrote:
insomniac wrote: Actually, I was going to offer to PM the mods to allow you to note in the thread that the brush you bought was new, not used, and you weren't trying to "flip" a brush.

i've calmed down now so i will say, your damage has been done(they closed the thread) and i really don't care if the "mods" over there do anything. i'm done with 'the other place".
Gil, there were overreactions on both sides, you shouldn't let one incident dissuade you from "the other place."

I don't believe the damage has been "done" and if you wish me to try to make it right as best I can, the offer is open.
they banned me from the BST forum. if you wanna fix that then be my guest.
Gil
iridium ,blue IP
dirty bird
and a prayer
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

I'll ask Art, who moderates in both places, to sort it out over there. A rush to judgement is often unwise. Gil is as honest as they come.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
divotmax

Post by divotmax »

Coincidentally, I also got nailed by the pricing police on the other forum, perhaps by the same individual as here, for much the same reason. I got a nastygram from one of the moderators lecturing me about my response to the post in question, and I advised him he could delete my account and any posts he felt obliged to do so. Perhaps if someone is going to take it upon himself to be "helpful" in discussing prices or anything similar, it might be the courteous thing to do to handle it as a private message, unless the individual is trying to draw attention to himself or has some other agenda.
BobS

Life is too short not to use a sharp blade and a good brush.
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Post by Bargepole »

As Dr Moss says, a rush to judgment is often unwise. I'd add that the defining character of SMF is that we behave like gentlemen at all times.
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis
divotmax

Post by divotmax »

I have officially been banned from the other place. I have no real desire to visit there any further, and won't miss their continual banning and suspension of members and vendors, as well as the heavy handedness of some moderators.
BobS

Life is too short not to use a sharp blade and a good brush.
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

this subject has weighed heavily on me all day and i must say i am tired of it. i will make a brief statement and then comment no more.

1) two distinct brushes were discussed. one had a 51mm loft the other a 55mm loft. i explained this to deaf ears on the" other place".

2) we do behave like gentlemen here and i am the first to say that i am not perfect but i try to do my best. if one suspects a funny deal i think the proper procedure would be to pm or ask in a way that suggests trust. suggesting from the get go that a double handed deal is being exposed is not the flavor of smf.

thanks for the support guys.
Gil
iridium ,blue IP
dirty bird
and a prayer
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

I say, Bob!....after all the years you've been on these forums someone finally showed you the door, eh? ( chortle ). That's really too much. Well, their loss.....and you shouldn't have been diddling around over there anyway you know.
Regards,
Gordon