PALMINDAYA

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
malocchio

PALMINDAYA

Post by malocchio »

here's a big jug of menthol-eucalyptus goodness from brazil...a very tiny amount explodes into large puffs of airy lather...that air soon dissipates and leaves a moderately thick lather,and that lather is very moist with good blade glide...smells very close to the old blue glass jar of noxema face cream,so if you liked that scent ,you will love this one...very little water is needed,and the brush should be barely wet....a charmer from brazil..

RazoRock

Post by RazoRock »

there looks to be a lot of air in that lather; how was your shave?

Generally, I seek a very dense creamy lather.
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

From the ingredients list it looks to be the Brazilian knockoff of JM Frasers. The consistency matches as well.

Chris
brothers

Post by brothers »

Luckily Fraser's never makes an airy sudsy lather like that. I'd have to pass.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

RazoRock wrote:there looks to be a lot of air in that lather; how was your shave?

Generally, I seek a very dense creamy lather.
yes..it was airy,but it thickened up on my face with several paint strokes and rotations of the brush.I got a fine shave with it,and that was with a mediocre blade ! (german lamix)...
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

This stuff is used in Brazilian barbershops, and is excellent. It lathers very easily, and it has a beautiful, traditional scent. There's also a good menthol sensation.
JEFF
brothers

Post by brothers »

Is this something that is available? It seems that so many times we see photos and hear of some of these soaps and creams, but they are virtually non-existent in our realm. :lol:

PS, just for fun I sent the manufacturer an email asking if they sell and ship to USA. I see they make this Crema de Barbear in 3 sizes. I think it would be cool to have one of the 700g tubs of this stuff.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

Gary, I don't think they ship to the US or to Canada. I hear it's not even that easy to find Palmindaya in Brazil.
JEFF
brothers

Post by brothers »

I don't expect to receive a response from Brazil, but maybe I'll be surprised! I didn't even make an attempt to translate from English. Chances are slim to none there'll be any feedback to my inquiry.
Gary

crackstar

Post by crackstar »

I traded with a Brazilian gentleman from TSD, so he sent me the Palmindaya cream and some other stuff, and I sent him some Gada Cool Mint cream and some other goodies that are unavailable in Brazil.
JEFF
brothers

Post by brothers »

I think my wiser course of action is to be satisfied with my Fraser's and Stephan's. These are cheap and good. They're readily available at great prices and come in huge tubs. Not to mention that they really make me happy when I use them. 8)
Gary