Can this cream be magical?

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
crackstar

Can this cream be magical?

Post by crackstar »

Here is a new cream from Russia which I NEVER heard of until today. It's called ZNAKHAR, which is Russian for witch doctor, and I just put it to the test.

Ease of lathering: 10/10--Tons of lather very fast.

Longevity of lather: 10/10--Perfect stability.

General skincare: 9/10--Really moisturizing and protective.

Scent: 8/10--Clean, traditional, and classy.

Price: N/A--It was a gift. No idea how much.

Would I buy again: 10/10--Definitely, if it was sold here.

Russia is now a major producer of some of the best shaving creams which unfortunately are not available here in North America. This ZNAKHAR, or Wunder Doktor cream is absolutely awesome. I just wish the tube was bigger, because 40 ml won't last too long from daily use!

JEFF
Odio Barbillas
Location: Via Lactea, Orbis Terra (Sol III), Province of Nova Caesarea

Post by Odio Barbillas »

It's amazing how Soviet Russia couldn't for the most part produce decent, serviceable consumer goods (though they manufactured good military hardware).

Nowadays, Russian shaving accouterments are some of the best you can buy. Moscow and St. Petersburg pump out razor blades that people actually want. I hear good things about their creams and fragrances as well. This is real progress ...
Michael G.
NON IMPEDITI RATIONE COGITATIONIS
M6Classic
Location: Not as near Colonial Drug as when they were at Harvard Square, but near enough.

Post by M6Classic »

Hmmm...one would think that Russia would produce good badger brushes, considering the range of the Asian badger and Russia's history in the fur trades. Has anybody here ever heard of Russian brushes?

Buzz
Raag

Post by Raag »

I think on my next journey overseas I might start a blog chronicling the use of obscure shaving products around the world. Seems like I might have to add Russia to the list of destinations :)
http://www.mensbiz.com.au/
Australian stockist of guys' shaving and grooming gear.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

The only product which I have ever used with magical properties is MWF in the porcelain container. Any other container negates any positive ions that create the magic. :shock:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

M6Classic wrote:Hmmm...one would think that Russia would produce good badger brushes, considering the range of the Asian badger and Russia's history in the fur trades. Has anybody here ever heard of Russian brushes?

Buzz
A little off-topic, but Russia is a major fur garment producing nation now. It has even passed China. I know, because I'm a fur skin dealer and broker.
JEFF
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Jeff, any insight into their brush manufacturing goings on?

thanks

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Im all open to owning a russian version of a chubby 3 or 4 or whatever they make haha
clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

Clive, I know nothing about Russian brushes - sorry! :lol:
JEFF
TommyDawg

Post by TommyDawg »

Many of our favorite vendors on this site carry products from Russia. Can they not get this product, for some reason? Perhaps someone will see this post and figure out how to do so. Looks promising!
Tom
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

Tom, I don't know of any vendors in North America who carry any Russian creams. They seem to be available only in Russia and in the neighboring countries. :(
JEFF