RazoRock XXX Discontinued?

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Craig_From_Cincy

RazoRock XXX Discontinued?

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

I heard talk that RazoRock XXX been discontinued. Anyone know if its true?
Cheers,

Craig
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Sad to say, but, yes it is true.
Regards,
Marty
---------------------------------------------------

"Be still! Me mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of thought cascading in a waterfall of creative alternatives."
tester

Post by tester »

You could always get some Acqua di Parma :lol:
SharpSpine

Post by SharpSpine »

Just not being white labeled to Joe to sell as XXX. AdP though is still in full production.
> Brian < Shave On & God Bless!!

Mongoose B1 + Hempel Spiral; Feather Pro
brothers

Post by brothers »

Joe's price was right, but the cream is not discontinued, just the xxx format.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
RazoRock

Post by RazoRock »

XXX is discontinued. Someone didn't like me selling a cream for $10 when it's being sold for a lot more under another brand.

But, XX is coming to market soon!
Craig_From_Cincy

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

Thanks for the reply RazoRock! Looking forward to XX!!
Cheers,

Craig
JRTASTER

Post by JRTASTER »

What was/is the REAL reason to shelf a really fine product?? Because it's the same product as one selling for a lot more?? Why not raise the price a tad?? Can't accept it was for lack of consumer acceptance/poor sales!

Isn't anyone else upset at this turn of events?

xxx was one of a VERY few non-high end (i.e. British) products I actually liked. Not to quibble about the marketing strategies, but the rapid explosion of so many RazoRock variants has to have a price in terms of production efficiencies and manufacturing costs. Perhaps, the use of virtually identical packaging components does improve the COG.

End of senseless rant!

jr/John
brothers

Post by brothers »

Unless I'm mistaken, discontinuing the brand wasn't Joe's decision. I think I understood that the maker stopped supplying it.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Esoteric83

Post by Esoteric83 »

I'm guessing the ADP people were not too happy about a supplier selling to another reseller who then sold the same stuff at a fraction of the ADP cost.

I'm making that assumption based on a guess that ADP isn't the one who makes this cream, nor would they sell a commercial sized quantity to another reseller without some form of OEM agreement in place.

Someone got a letter from a lawyer is my guess. Or a visit from some fellas named Vinny, Nicky & Tony :)

Shame too. I liked the stuff, but not enough to pay the ADP cost. I have about four of five shaves left that I will save for later this summer when the Tom Ford Neroli comes out of hiding.
RazoRock

Post by RazoRock »

Esoteric83 wrote:I'm guessing the ADP people were not too happy about a supplier selling to another reseller who then sold the same stuff at a fraction of the ADP cost.

I'm making that assumption based on a guess that ADP isn't the one who makes this cream, nor would they sell a commercial sized quantity to another reseller without some form of OEM agreement in place.

Someone got a letter from a lawyer is my guess. Or a visit from some fellas named Vinny, Nicky & Tony :)

Shame too. I liked the stuff, but not enough to pay the ADP cost. I have about four of five shaves left that I will save for later this summer when the Tom Ford Neroli comes out of hiding.
You be correct! :D

Production is done by third party.

Scent is proprietary.

It was a very interesting experiment, to say the least... was amazing to see how many people were convinced "this can't be" because of the price.
Baloosh

Post by Baloosh »

What's even more amazing is that some of those gents are still "certain" that it's a different formula/product, even to this day.
Jason

Post by brothers »

The proprietary AdP scent was a big drawback for a lot of us. I suppose the supplier was very happy to be selling a lot more stuff. Too bad it didn't work out. I wish someone could persuade the supplier of the late great Domenico Caraceni 1913 to do something like this. Now that's what I'm talkin' about!
Gary

Esoteric83

Post by Esoteric83 »

A RR version of Carceni, cream and EDT, would make my fricken year!
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Instead of disappointing myself I am going to refuse self indulgence.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
brothers

Post by brothers »

Wendell, that is a sure-fire means of saving money, from which we would all benefit, except the vendors.
Gary

jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

brothers wrote:Wendell, that is a sure-fire means of saving money, from which we would all benefit, except the vendors.
And who wants to save money? When there's shaving gear to acquire? I mean, really?
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

jww wrote:
brothers wrote:Wendell, that is a sure-fire means of saving money, from which we would all benefit, except the vendors.
And who wants to save money? When there's shaving gear to acquire? I mean, really?
The acquisitions never stop.................... :wink: :wink: :lol:
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
brothers

Post by brothers »

Acquisitions? Holy cow! Look what Joseph is offering now:

http://www.italianbarber.com/boellis-pa ... l-with-lid
Gary

TommyDawg

Post by TommyDawg »

Holy cow! $120.00?!?