Truefitt and Hill Almond Cream

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
pausted

Truefitt and Hill Almond Cream

Post by pausted »

I finally purchased a T&H cream. We have a new retail store in town that has a lot of upscale items like pipes, cigars, leather goods, shaving stuff, etc. I stopped in yesterday and ended up buying T&H Almond cream. Having never tried T&H, I shaved with it today for the first time. The almond scent is terrific to my nose. Performance is on par with other high quality creams. I really enjoyed the shave and I'm glad I spent the 30 bucks. It's a fine addition to my shave den.
Best regards,

Basil
EL Alamein

Re: Truefitt and Hill Almond Cream

Post by EL Alamein »

Basil, I couldn't agree more. It is a fantastic Almond scent IMHO. It is also a top notch performer.

I have a tub myself and although I don't use creams all that often this is one of my favorites. I'll have to give it a whirl in the near future. Thanks for the inspiration.

BTW T&H's other traditional creams are also just as wonderful - Lavender and Rose. If you're partial to such scents I recommend giving them a try.

Chris
brothers

Post by brothers »

Basil, I don't currently have any of the T&H creams, but have gone through several. My experience has been the same as yours. They're among the best.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

True Basil, T&H products are pricey when purchased at full retail but you've found something you like which is the main thing. I'm particularly fond of their Rose cream.
Regards,
Squire
BeatlesFan

Post by BeatlesFan »

T&H creams really work well for me, and I love the scents. I don't find any performance difference among 1805, Rose, and Almond, but each has a perfectly balanced high-end fragrance. Most important, though, is that they are all top performers, in my book. Glad the T&H Almond working well for you as well.
pausted

Post by pausted »

Thank you all for your comments. I have quickly become a fan after only two shaves. I see some of their other scents coming my way, probably sooner rather than later. :D
Best regards,

Basil
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

It's great that you tried T&H. If I had to keep just one cream it would probably be T&H Rose (although I have also become awfully fond of TOBS Avocado).
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Basil, as an aside, I believe it was Gordon who mentioned that the T&H Almond cream was their original Flagship cream that started it all for T&H and made their wet shaving toiletries famous. You'll have to search for such a post or perhaps (hopefully) he'll drop in and confirm it.

Great stuff!

Chris
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

I love T&H creams as well, but I'm disappointed with the Sandalwood cream. The old one had a scent of old or burned wood.
The new one is more of a traditional Sandalwood, which is nice but I still prefer the older scent.
As well, they are very hard to find, especially the Lavender and Rose scents.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Nitrox wrote:I love T&H creams as well, but I'm disappointed with the Sandalwood cream. The old one had a scent of old or burned wood.
The new one is more of a traditional Sandalwood, which is nice but I still prefer the older scent.
As well, they are very hard to find, especially the Lavender and Rose scents.
Bruno, you and me both prefer the older Sandalwood scent cream. I have a full pot of it that I've never actually used but I LOVE the scent. I'll get around to giving it a whirl one of these days for sure.

Some years ago a vendor sent me a sample of the new Sandalwood cream with an order - I was not impressed. It seemed modern and "off" to me. Very disjointed in it's scent. But a lot of guys like it so there you have it.

Chris
brothers

Post by brothers »

I really liked the old scent, and so far haven't had a chance to sample the new. I did smell of it at the brick/mortar local store, but didn't get a clear picture of what it might be in comparison. I'll get my chance one of these days.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444