razors and foams/gels

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
lunfardi

razors and foams/gels

Post by lunfardi »

i love to use my merkur double edge safety razor since it uses blades that dont have a lubrication strip like the most new gillette razors that are coming out. if one uses any type of razor that has blades that dont have a lubrication strip along with foam rather than gel, has anyone noticed that it rinses off better from the skin vs. the most new gillette razor and the fusion proglide gel???????????? razors that dont have lubrication strips and foams vs. new razors that have lubrication strip with gel............ what do you guys think? anyone wanna share their comments? thanks.
mrjediconsular

Re: razors and foams/gels

Post by mrjediconsular »

gels are thicker then foams and thats why foams are easier to rinse from face and razor and the gels from the stripes are very oily and is hard to rinse off in my experience with cartridge razors and glad you are liking de shaving (hopefully i got my answer right it was hard because you kind of jumped to different places)
Jordan
lunfardi

Post by lunfardi »

its almost as though the lubrication strip leaves the face all oily with residue or something by itself let alone with the most new gillette gel. does this make sense where im coming from? rsvp
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

to help with the other replies. the OP is lamenting that with the new lube strips and the new shaving crap being put out by schick and proctor and gamble, that after a shave the crap they use turns into a nasty, hard to remove residue.

Heres the answer,

The new, and even newer lubricant strips, the last 2 generations I believe since 2010 have been the following composition

Vitamin E
Vitamin B
Aloe
Menthol desensitizer

The ingredients on their own are slimy as hell on your skin. Just smeer some vitamin e gel or aloe on your face and see what happens. YEARS ago after a surgery, the doctor told me once the cast came off, she told me to smear a vitamin e capsule on my scar to reduce issues. Problem is, it was messy as hell greasy residue that never soaked in and was a pain to wash off.

Combine the small amount of moisturizers and vitamin e and aloe they put in the foams and gels now, its a chemical stew.