I'm Back

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Shavermeister

I'm Back

Post by Shavermeister »

I've made a few posts upon my return, but let this serve as my official announcement of my return.

Hey ShaveMyFace community!

It's with immense joy that I return to this fantastic space, and I wanted to take a moment to express my gratitude and excitement to be back among all of you. Life has its twists and turns, and I might have unintentionally rubbed a few the wrong way during my last stint here. But let me tell you, it feels like coming home again, and I'm genuinely thrilled to engage in conversations with this amazing community.

Now, you all know I'm an electric razor enthusiast through and through. However, if DE razors are the preference of the majority here, who am I to argue? Diversity is the spice of life, and I'm ready to embrace the different perspectives and experiences that make this community so rich.

I want to emphasize that while I'll continue sharing my insights on electric razors, I'll also be diving into the non-DE shaving posts. Let's make this a space where all shaving enthusiasts, regardless of their preferred method, can come together to exchange tips, stories, and camaraderie.

There's something special about this community, and I want to contribute to its warmth and inclusivity. So, here's to many more discussions, shared experiences, and the bond that makes ShaveMyFace.com feel like a second home.

Cheers to new beginnings and the joy of shaving!

Warm regards,
Jim
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: I'm Back

Post by drmoss_ca »

I used to joke that the corruption of youth is one of the few remaining pleasures of old age. And in that vein, don't you think it's time to learn how to use a straight razor?

C.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Or even a Safety Razor. 8)

- Murray
Shavermeister

Post by Shavermeister »

drmoss_ca wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:05 am I used to joke that the corruption of youth is one of the few remaining pleasures of old age. And in that vein, don't you think it's time to learn how to use a straight razor?

C.
Hello again, Dr. Moss.

The idea of learning how to use a straight razor is intriguing, and I can't deny the appeal of mastering a classic shaving skill. It's never too late to embrace new experiences, and the art of using a straight razor sounds like a journey worth undertaking.

I appreciate the nudge, and perhaps it's time to add a new chapter to my shaving routine. The thought of wielding a straight razor, with its timeless charm and craftsmanship, holds a certain allure. If nothing else, it could be a delightful adventure and a chance to connect with the rich traditions of the past.

Thank you for the encouragement, and who knows, maybe the next time we chat, I'll have some tales of my own straight razor adventures to share!

Warm regards,
Jim
Shavermeister

Post by Shavermeister »

CMur12 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:38 pm Or even a Safety Razor. 8)

- Murray
Hey Murray,

Great suggestion! The idea of trying out a safety razor again has definitely crossed my mind, and your friendly nudge might be the push I need to explore yet another dimension of the shaving world. There's a certain timeless elegance associated with safety razors, and the prospect of achieving a classic, close shave is undeniably appealing.

Your simple and cheerful 8) has got me thinking that there's a world of shaving experiences waiting to be explored beyond the electric razor realm. It's never too late to broaden one's horizons, and perhaps a safety razor could be the perfect addition to my shaving repertoire.

Thanks for the inspiration, Murray! Here's to new shaving adventures and the camaraderie that comes with sharing our experiences.

Best,
Jim