Weishi Razor???

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
murchmb

Weishi Razor???

Post by murchmb »

I saw a store mentioned in the shopping forum and found this: Weishi Razor Does anyone have experience with this razor? It looks like a Super Speed copy. Korean maybe? Kind of a nice little cased set. They are $15 ea, or 10 for $50. BTW, this place is also selling Feathers for $24/100.

Mike
phin

It is made in China by Weida Industrial Co.

Post by phin »

Here is link to the web site:
http://www.wd.com.cn
obsessis

Post by obsessis »

cool.
joseph
Peekay

Post by Peekay »

Looks kinda like the 50s SS, maybe a group buy would be in order to get 10 for $50. Sounds like a good idea to me...
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.
obsessis

Post by obsessis »

i called and confirmed. they found a new retailer so they are offering

10 10 packs of Feather Razor Blades for $24. Awesome price. They used to be $4.75 and they quoted me $3.25 a pack for bulk purchases earlier. What an awesome retailer.
joseph
murchmb

Post by murchmb »

The razor comes with some Korean Dorco (not to be confused with Dorko) blades. Someone a while back mentioned that these are excellent blades and can be had for less than $0.10 each in bulk like the Israeli Personnas.
yasuo200365

Post by yasuo200365 »

Gentlemen,

They're good copies.

Has anyone tried one?

If they're any good then along with Parker, Merkur will be under some serious competition at the cheaper end of the market.

Is there any adjustable razors out there?

Regards
John
obsessis

Post by obsessis »

Peekay wrote:Looks kinda like the 50s SS, maybe a group buy would be in order to get 10 for $50. Sounds like a good idea to me...
If someone organized it I'd prob. buy one. $7.50 shipped would give the organizer a little extra, or a free razor or two for the trouble.
joseph
HM

Post by HM »

This looks alot like the chinese knockoff that is sold all over the place. Sometimes on Ebay, sometimes by name Segull, etc.. I have one I picked up a few months ago..

Not a particluarly good razor.. Quality issues (Doors poorly alligned, hard to open/close) and not a great shave.
Ingrown

Post by Ingrown »

HM
I beg to differ with you on the Weishi razor. Have you tried a Weishi?
Strange that I have not encountered the problem, with my Weishi, that you are having. Weishi is made by Weishi in China.

If you bought a Weishi razor from us and are not happy with it please return it for a full refund.

David

http://www.cottonblossomcrafts.com

Check out our "Feather blade" special.

Very shortly we are going to have some nice shaving brushes that are made in China. Very good quality for an attractive price. Will have a couple of "Water Badger" hair brushes that we will make available.
nteeman

Post by nteeman »

Ingrown wrote:HM
Strange that I have not encountered the problem, with my Weishi, that you are having. Weishi is made by Weishi in China.

If you bought a Weishi razor from us and are not happy with it please return it for a full refund.

David

Very shortly we are going to have some nice shaving brushes that are made in China. Very good quality for an attractive price. Will have a couple of "Water Badger" hair brushes that we will make available.
How about a group discount for SMF members?
-Neal (DE user since 1998)
I shave therefore I am

Peekay

Post by Peekay »

David
OH pwned!!! JK. Hey Ingrown is shipping really only a $1?
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.
yasuo200365

Post by yasuo200365 »

Gentlemen

The Seagull company has a history similar to Merkur, they were making clones in the first half of the last century.

For those who are interested the following website is good place to start researching what is available from China, India etc. in all kinds of sectors.
http://razor-blade.directory.alibaba.co ... bst=Search

There are lots of good badger hair brushes being made in China - afterall that is where the English manufacturers source their badger hair from.

I find it interesting how little these goods cost wholesale.

That Weishi razor doesn't look like a Seagull to me - it looks to me to be a very well made razor - the head shape & construction is very close to Gillettes...., I would like one to try out.

Regards
John
SidSeizure

Post by SidSeizure »

Well, I just ordered one. For $16 it's worth a look. If it's a great razor, fine; and if it's not, then it'll be added to my collection.

Scott
cigar-&-Shave

Post by cigar-&-Shave »

That Weishi razor looks identical to the Taylor of Old Bond Street razor.

http://www.tayloroldbondst.co.uk/acatal ... GES_4.html

Mike
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

David

David, nice presentation box with the razor. I may be sucked into ordering one. What is you satisfaction guarantee?
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

SNIP...

What's a "Water Badger"?
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.
enlightenment

Post by enlightenment »

These Muhle Shave Brushes look alot like the Baxter Shave Brush
enlightenment

Post by enlightenment »

enlightenment wrote:These Muhle Shave Brushes look alot like the Baxter Shave Brush
Found the difference. Baxter is Pure Badger, while the Muhle is Boar and something else.
With The Grain
Gillette Aficionado

Post by With The Grain »

enlightenment wrote:These Muhle Shave Brushes look alot like the Baxter Shave Brush
yeah theyre exactly alike, someone posted them side by side on badgerandblade earlier, seems like a good cheap buy.... didnt notice the difference in bristles
Last edited by With The Grain on Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.