Shaving Supplies in & near the San Fernando Valley

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
Hoss

Shaving Supplies in & near the San Fernando Valley

Post by Hoss »

Since getting into wetshaving, I've been trying to find local purveyors of shaving goods in the SFV area of Los Angeles... I've only been moderately successful.

The Beauty Collection has stores in Sherman Oaks, Calabasas and Tarzana. They carry L'Occitane, Proraso (though more expensive than Target) and D.R. Harris (as well as Art of Shaving, Baxter, etc.). Check the baskets scattered around the store... they often contain discounted items (like Cade soap for $5 and Eau de Badian for $29).

There's a L'Occitane store in the Sherman Oaks Fashion Square.

And a Crabtree & Evelyn store at the Glendale Galleria.

Bon Savon is a soap store in Studio City which carries some shaving soaps (including Provence Sante).

Capitol Drugs in Sherman Oaks carries the organic line of Lucky Tiger.

Whole Foods in Studio City carries Thayer's witch hazel (only one kind... luckily it's the alcohol free one with rose).

I know about The Shave of Beverly Hills, but it's overpriced and not particularly convenient (though I may treat myself to a shave down there sometime).

I've checked a few of the cigar shops nearest me, and I've yet to find anyone that carries shaving supplies.

If anyone knows of a place that carries DE razors, brushes, traditional English shaving creams and soaps, good colognes, etc. close to the SFV (say in a box defined by vertices at Chatsworth, Santa Monica, Glendale and the NE corner of the Valley), please reply and add to the list.

I'll add any new info I find as I find it.

Hoss
Last edited by Hoss on Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Hey Hoss, welcome to SMF. I like your monicker and better yet your avatar. Reminds me of growing up and watching Bonanza. :lol:
jddj

Post by jddj »

Art of Shaving has locations in Canoga Park and Century City.
~ Matt ~
On the cutting edge of slackerism
cjc15153

Post by cjc15153 »

Has anyone bought anything from Larry's Shaver Shop and Cutlery in Santa Monica, CA? I've read some review of the cutlery sharpening service, but I'm wondering about his prices on Merkurs. The web site isn't helpful and I'd hate to drive over there only to find he is OOS or charging AOS prices.

In addition to Larry's, I'd welcome info on any other Westside stores.

PS: I'm resurrecting this thread for ease of future searchers.
PPS: (So now I want to steal both the city guide and most recent post features from the other shaving forum, but that's it I swear.)