Weishi and a Feather...WOW!!

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
EBE

Weishi and a Feather...WOW!!

Post by EBE »

I received one of the best shaves EVER from this combo this morning. I used Proraso Green with a Vulfix #403 Brush. This was my first shave with the Weishi after ordering it from a fellow forum member.

This is a very nice razor. The quality seems very good and the Weishi feels quite a bit heavier in the hand than my Parker 60R. A great razor for the price!

I was a bit afraid of the feather blades after other comments on their sharpness, but managed to make it through the entire shave without a single nick (I hope that I can say this after tomorrow's shave).

Just wanted to share this with everyone!

EBE
DavidB

Post by DavidB »

EBE,

I too am favorably impressed with the Weishi. It's a touch more aggressive than my early 50's Super Speed, but not as aggressive as the Merkur. I love the textured handle and overall feel. Nice little travel case, too. Couldn't ask for a better budget razor.

Dave
grinpeppy

Post by grinpeppy »

Where do you purchase the Weishi?

Maurice
Chris Richards

Post by Chris Richards »

You can purchase the Weishi here

http://www.cottonblossomcrafts.com/weishi_razor.htm

Cotton Blossum Crafts. They were very easy to deal with, the order came quick and the razor was only $15 (on sale now). It includes some Dorco (Korean?) blades and they threw in a couple of Feathers.

While you are there, you might as well pick up a few cheap brushes (they have nice boar brushes as well as higher end stuff) and some Col Conk soap. Shipping will be the same either way ($1 handling + $4 USPS Priority Mail).

Here is my take (using Proasso green tube for all): I originally shaved with a Dorco blade first (week 1). Very nice shave and not too aggressive. Week 2: I tried the American Personna. I would say it was a bit better than the Dorco, a little smoother I guess. Week 3: I put in a Feather. Wow. Very, Very close shave, however it left me with a nice razor burn on my neck three days running now.

I will most likely continue to use Personna blades as they seem to do a fine job. I have a Fatboy on the way, and my shaving habits might change in the future. However, I am *extremely* happy with the Weishi and would recommend it to anyone. For $15, I don't see how you could go wrong.

Chris