Want to Try - 'Feather Injector'

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
goolimari

Want to Try - 'Feather Injector'

Post by goolimari »

Hello,

I am curious about the 'feather injector' ( or was it 'injector feather'?) contraption, and want to try it out..i understand that there are 3 different grades of feather blades, and different people have had success with different ones ( and some with none)..

i was wondering if anyone has one or more of these different types of feather blades and is willing to send across a sample (one each), so that i can try it out and see if it works for me..

willing to pay unit cost, shipping, and a premium for yor time, energy and enthusiasm.

also willing to trade for a sample form my 'collection' ( though i am still dripping behind the ears and only have a modest collection)

(pick one or more form the list..)

--- Taylors Avacado
--- Trumpers Rose
--- Nancy Boy
--- C&E Sweet Almond
--- Proraso
--- T & H Ultimate Comfort

--- Greenpond Aftershave milk ( I have been told by a couple of people, including the greenpond people, AND dear Mr.Gordon that it is nothing but D.H. Harris aftershave milk in a different bottle. I love it)
--- T & H Trafalgar Aftershave Balm
--- T & H West Indian Limes Aftershave Balm
--- Trumpers Coral Skin Food

--- DE Blades ( Swedish Gillettes, Feathers, Derbys, Israeli personnas, Merkurs)
--- Shick Injector Blades

let me know!
rahul325
wEtShAvEr

Post by rahul325 »

is feather artist the same as feather injector

here is a feather artist for sale

http://www.shavemyface.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10311
Wet shaving is an expensive addiction :twisted:

FS - 2 fatboys - E2 and F4, both in good condition. Pls PM me
goolimari

Post by goolimari »

i just want the blades ( a sample blade of the feather pro guard/ feather super/ super prp..)

feather injector as in the whole process of cutting out the blades (feather guard pro etc.) and putting them in an injector..
MOSES

Post by MOSES »

No, not the same. Feather Injector is an Artist Club blade in a Schick Injector - something I am also hankering to try, but not until after I at least try actual Schick blades. This is made slightly more difficult by the need to clip the blades to a shorter length. I think Goolimari is just asking for a couple of blades, so that he can clip them and put them in his Schick Injector.
Alrighty, stickim up and hand over the Coates real nice and slow like....
Bicster

Post by Bicster »

ill go halves on a pack goolimari.

ive been interested in trying them out as well.
goolimari

Post by goolimari »

here are the costs of the three feather artist blade types

Feather Razor "Pro Guard" Blades, 15-Pak 13.99
FR0885 Feather Razor "Professional" Blades, 20-Pak 10.99
FR0895 Feather Razor "Professional Super" Blades, 20-Pak 10.99

total shipped cost is around 42 dollars..

ideally, if 15 guys got together, we could have one of each type at a per head cost of around 3 dollars..

anyone else wants to try this thing out? i will take the pains of ordering it and redistributing..

(this is what piqued my interest:

http://www.shaveblog.com/2005/08/hail-andy.html )

Bicester, MOSES, if not too many people are enthusiastic, could we split a proguard pack 3 ways? it will work out to 6 dollars for 5 blades..around the same as the shick injector blades..

( the blade dispenser is of no use here, since you will have to take the blades out to cut them, and reload them anyways, so it doesnt matter if you get the blades without the dispenser. all you need is an old shick injector blade dispenser lying around)

PS: or better still, is LetterK, the resident blade badshah interested in starting a new 'feather injector' sampler line of product ?
MOSES

Post by MOSES »

I'm definitely interested. However, since we are going to use them in a safety razor anyway, wouldn't it make more sense to get Pro or Super Pro blades instead of the guarded ones?

Also, anyone who does this have any advice on the relative merits of the Pro and Super Pro blade types for injector use?
Alrighty, stickim up and hand over the Coates real nice and slow like....
Bicster

Post by Bicster »

PM me when you are ready. Lets try to get an order in by Friday.
acoldspoon

Post by acoldspoon »

YGPM
Cheers,
Peter J
ScottS

Post by ScottS »

goolimari wrote:
Feather Razor "Pro Guard" Blades, 15-Pak 13.99
FR0885 Feather Razor "Professional" Blades, 20-Pak 10.99
FR0895 Feather Razor "Professional Super" Blades, 20-Pak 10.99
I wouldn't understand doing this with the ProGuard. That's mostly to help folks get used to working without a safety bar, and you'll have a safety bar.
goolimari

Post by goolimari »

i am in the process of buying some maple syrup and the good man selling it to me offered to add some feather injector blades to the consignment, just to help me cut through all the stickiness.

So, Bicster, MOSES, PM me your addresses and i'll send you a blade each once i get them!