Best retailer to buy Simpsons brushes

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
karim0028

Best retailer to buy Simpsons brushes

Post by karim0028 »

Hey Guys,

I just bought a C&E Nomad shave soap and have had one of the best lathers to date with my 39.99 vulfix.... A great shave; BUT it took me a lifetime to actually whip it into shape with the vulfix, it was like trying to sand stone with cotton! The brush flopped around everywhere and it was more like painting than anything else. I like scrubbing and exfoliating my face with the brush AS well as creating thick protective lather.

I now truly know what really good lather feels like, extremely protective..... The last year of shaving has been hit and miss as ive been getting really bad lather thinking that was as good as it got (even with Trumpers and T&T).....

Now that ive seen the light and figured out that it was my cheap ass brush... Im in the market for a new Brush that can scrub my face, builds lather well on the face and handles soaps well. I have read previous threads and the Simpsons Chubby seems to fit the bill...

So far i am thinking of Simpsons Chubby 2 Best.

The question is, who is the vendor most of you have had best luck with and the best price?

Thanks,
Karim
-"Life without emotion is no more than death in disguise"
karim0028
Big Swifty

Post by Big Swifty »

Karim,
From the U.S. try www.emsplace.com
From the U.K. try www.gentlemens-shop.com
~Steve

~proponent of a strong salvation army, born again Calvinist, cunning linguist, flaming heterosexual

"Life is too short to drink shitty beer"
IsaacRN

Post by IsaacRN »

From the US i have to go with Lee.

www.leesrazors.com
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Karim, The Simpson Chubby #2 Best is, indeed, a superlative shaving brush. If you are in the US, but not near NYC, then the mail order sources to go to are definately either Lee's Razors or Em's Place. Both provide excellent personal service, stand by their goods, and have broad selections to choose from. The actual links are given above. With Lee, it's always best to call on the phone, as he has way more in stock them what his website lists, but it varys, so a phone call is the way to go if you choose to buy from him. And with either one, don't forget to mention that you are a member of SMF.....you'll get treated right ( chuckle ).
Regards,
Gordon
Chifunda

Post by Chifunda »

My only experience buying Simpsons has been with Lee and I recommend him highly. I've found his prices to be excellent, his advice to be sound, and he bent over backwards to take care of me during the "dark days" at Simpson.

As Gordon has already said, call Lee rather than rely on the inventory and prices on his website. I find him a pleasure to talk to.

Oh, and CH2's rock! \:D/
MOSES

Post by MOSES »

I have a Chubby 2 Super and absolutely love it. Three band. I think a Two-band would be exceedingly scrubby. Good choice.

-Mo
Alrighty, stickim up and hand over the Coates real nice and slow like....
Padron

Post by Padron »

I have ordered Simpson brushes 3 different times from Lee, he has always been very helpful and bent over backwards to earn my business, he provided great customer service.

I would certainly recommend him as well :D
Sando

Post by Sando »

I'm another fan of Lee. He answers the phone personally and is willing to spend time talking over suggestions. He put me onto a Duke 3 that is perfect for me. He's the real deal.

...Ray
i_shaved_something

Post by i_shaved_something »

I've ordered Simpsons from both Em's and Lee's, great service from both and no problems.
Good luck choosing!
Rob
drP
Shaving Brush Stockpiler

Post by drP »

Afaik you can order from Simpsons directly...
Peter
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

Lee is the man, he'll give you personal advice and a great deal.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
Slant-Fan

Post by Slant-Fan »

drP wrote:Afaik you can order from Simpsons directly...
We'll see, I just sent an email to them to see if they have a PJ3 Manchurian laying around loose that they want to sell :roll: Of course I would just as soon buy one from a forum member.
Regards,

jimmy
drP
Shaving Brush Stockpiler

Post by drP »

Slant-Fan wrote:
We'll see, I just sent an email to them to see if they have a PJ3 Manchurian laying around loose that they want to sell :roll: Of course I would just as soon buy one from a forum member.
Hmmm..i'm curious how fast you will get a reply, cause it's been more than a week that i sent Hannah an email....
Peter
Slant-Fan

Post by Slant-Fan »

drP wrote:
Slant-Fan wrote:
Hmmm..i'm curious how fast you will get a reply, cause it's been more than a week that i sent Hannah an email....
I had read on the forum that the supervisor was ill and that production was perhaps suspended until the health issue is resolved. Must be a small company. That may account for the delay receiving a reply.
Regards,

jimmy
Route66

Post by Route66 »

Nitrox wrote:Lee is the man, he'll give you personal advice and a great deal.
+1
Best.

R
letterk
Vendor

Post by letterk »

Slant-Fan wrote:
drP wrote:
Slant-Fan wrote:We'll see, I just sent an email to them to see if they have a PJ3 Manchurian laying around loose that they want to sell :roll: Of course I would just as soon buy one from a forum member.
I had read on the forum that the supervisor was ill and that production was perhaps suspended until the health issue is resolved. Must be a small company. That may account for the delay receiving a reply.
They're always slow to respond, even when everyone is healthy. I know of one person that in response to a phone message received a hand written note a few months later. That's just the way it works.
John

WestCoastShaving.com - The Original DE Blade Sampler Packs, Shavemac, Proraso, Merkur, Valobra, Pre de Provence and more!
nteeman

Post by nteeman »

IsaacRN wrote:From the US i have to go with Lee.

www.leesrazors.com
+1
-Neal (DE user since 1998)
I shave therefore I am

Apple Cruncher

Post by Apple Cruncher »

A. Simpson & Co, England, 01453 835111.
hedge_76

Post by hedge_76 »

bernards66 wrote:If you are in the US, but not near NYC, then the mail order sources to go to are definately either Lee's Razors or Em's Place.
Gordon -

What if one were in NYC? Where would you recommend? I'm leaning towards a Duke 3 (after reading numerous posts about Chubby 2's and Duke 3's and how each deals w/ soaps). I currently have an AOS brush that works well enough with creams, but I want something w/ a shorter loft and less bloom, something that might feel scrubby. I'd like to feel the brushes and inspect them in person before buying. Thanks!

Frank
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Frank, Regarding Simpsons, in the City, you have two main choices. Cambridge Chemists in the 60s on Lex. these days, has undoubtedly the largest selection of Simpsons of any B&M shop in North America ( most of their offerings are labeled with their store trademark 'John Bull' so don't let that put you off ), However, their prices are high. But even if you don't buy there, it's an opportunity to look over many of the Simpson ( and Rooney ) models. Pasteur's Pharmacy also on Lexington in the 60s has much more competative prices, but their selection is also more limited. But, if they have the model you want, you're in luck.
Regards,
Gordon