Italy

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Italy

Post by Sam »

Daughter has one last weekend to make a day trip in Italy. She is in Rome and will have seen the valley of Tuscany, two small towns starting with a T. Also went to Pompeii, Visuvius and Positano. She wants to see some sights but also do some shopping, not like at Gap, but not as expensive as Prada. Wants a quick day trip, sort of like a total of 12 to 14 hours total.

What are the good and bad points about visiting Florence, or Milan or Venice? Any other places to consider? She will have to take a train I guess and does not want to spend a lot, but wants a full day
wenestvedt

Post by wenestvedt »

Venice is sinking: get there while you can. Florence is so larded with Medici-funded art that it's the trip of a life. Milan offers good clothing, I think.
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Sam this was in the paper the other day. Might be of interest. The writer raves about it:

http://travel.nytimes.com/2009/06/07/tr ... scany.html
de gustibus non est disputandum
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Clive, I am going to send her the link, but because she did the Amalfi Coast and went to a couple of towns near Tuscany - Todi/Titignano...a province over from Tuscany, Milan is a bit pricey and she also is going to be with a group of 4 or 5. Who knows, she may on a lark go back to Positano as she loved it. Keep the ideas coming though since I copy her on all of this by cutting and pasting.

Here she is in the village, just right before they served a 12 course luncheon to the students

wenestvedt

Post by wenestvedt »

Sam, that picture is amazing. I gotta go back to school....
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

I'm going back to school too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
de gustibus non est disputandum
Ben

Post by Ben »

Why? You can just go to Italy! :lol:
Hell-bent ... hell-bent for Feather!

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown flask in my shaving kit."
— Dr. Gonzo, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas