Another milestone has been reached.

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
brothers

Another milestone has been reached.

Post by brothers »

Today came a splendid revelation. One great big floodlight came on and burned the truth upon my brain. I am 100% certain and completely satisfied with the sure knowledge that I now have all of the soaps and creams I'll ever desire. Much, much more than I want and need, as a matter of fact. What a relief! Next comes the slow but sure winnowing of the overly bountiful harvest.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
harper

Post by harper »

Gary: don't be sure. Remember, less is more but more is more, too. Companies will continue to produce and market new creams and soaps and like a lot of people on this forum you will succumb and try them. You are going to read or hear about something new and think "this may be the magic one and I have to try it!" Of course, it won't but ...
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

Famous last words, Gary!
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
Araner

Re: Another milestone has been reached.

Post by Araner »

brothers wrote:One great big floodlight came on and burned the truth upon my brain.
I don't know about the "burning the truth" part. I think a big floodlight came on and blinded you and then you bumped in to a tree and hit your head and you forgot who you are. Don't worry, it's temporary. You'll be fine in no time (meaning you'll be buying more new soaps and creams before the flood lamp is turned back off and cools down.

Mike
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Wow!! You gents have no faith in Gary at all, do you?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

clive

me neither
de gustibus non est disputandum
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

fallingwickets wrote:Wow!! You gents have no faith in Gary at all, do you?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

clive

me neither
+1

Wonder what Gary's epitaph will read --- "He died of abstaining from AD"?
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
harper

Post by harper »

Gary, further from reading your posts you seem like an honest and decent man so I assume that when you do what you will do you will tell us all ... including what and how much you bought.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Bob, I see that I have a few possible avenues of travel to consider: I could just keep on buying stuff, and pretend I never posted to the contrary, that's the likeliest, but the weakest one. Or, I could start selling stuff, but dang it, I love that stuff :lol: so maybe I don't sell it. Or, I guess I could start giving it away! Maybe in the meantime I could just do nothing at all, except concentrating on using what I have and continuously catagorizing and sorting through it all, kind of like a little kid with a stamp or coin collection, or Barbies or marbles or something! 8) I don't know, so I thought I'd find out what you guys think, because we are each other's enablers!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
wvbias

Post by wvbias »

Could we be described as OCD?

Terry
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Gary, I believe you. If you decide you need more, I won't remember what you wrote anyway. We can change our minds, especially if we can't remember. That's one huge benefit of having CRS.

I feel the same way about brushes and razors, but I always leave the door open for new acquisitions that are in better condition or for mild razors/gear for noobs. Gotta have stuff for them.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

Remember, the AD itch always, and I mean always, rears its ugly head sooner or later.... :lol:
Sometimes I wonder to myself, 'man you have enough supplies to last wayyyyyy past this lifetime' and yet that itch still comes.... :lol:
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Gary I've always believed too much of a good thing is a good thing.
Regards,
Squire
marsos52

Post by marsos52 »

I am 100% certain and completely satisfied with the sure knowledge that I now have all of the soaps and creams I'll ever desire
me too its simple MWF and trumpers

marc
brothers

Post by brothers »

Squire, right you are! That's what got me where I am, and yes, it is a very good thing.
Gary

slackskin

SAD

Post by slackskin »

Gary -- What's the line from Dr. Phil -- "you choose the behavior, you choose the consequences." But then again, if your AD is indeed compulsive, there is no element of choice to begin with. I am truly SAD for you (pun, heh). But at least you are not a CAD (pun, heh). I will go now and adjust my meds.
harper

Post by harper »

Gary, your logic is impeccable but on your surfeit of shaving goodness, Dr. Phil would ask "how's it working for you?"
MaxP

Post by MaxP »

Gary-

Yeah, sure. We believe you. :wink:
Regards,

MaxP

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." - Abraham Lincoln
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

Personally, I would start construction on a antideluvian burial mound with huge cairne boulders transported at great distance and difficulty. I would fill it with my shaving grave goods for the afterlife and other rare and rich items from my
life of conquests.
Millenium later another will find your hoard and gasp crap- er Crom as he spots the razor in your hand.
ATLpr8head

Re: Another milestone has been reached.

Post by ATLpr8head »

brothers wrote:Today came a splendid revelation. One great big floodlight came on and burned the truth upon my brain. I am 100% certain and completely satisfied with the sure knowledge that I now have all of the soaps and creams I'll ever desire. Much, much more than I want and need, as a matter of fact. What a relief! Next comes the slow but sure winnowing of the overly bountiful harvest.
Best quote ever and I can't agree more. My days of searching are over. Once I finish what I have which I estimate at about 8 years I will select a few as my regulars and probably have about 3 each of creams and soap. The search is finally over:)
Shawn
paddy

Post by paddy »

to give up on the quest for better and more is to admit defeat. it's exactly this sort of satisfaction and resting on laurels which loses empires.
Remember: this is all just wasted time and lives talking nonsense to strangers about pieces of metal, hair and chemical compounds.