Proraso Blue shaving cream - very, very nice scent

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
crackstar

Proraso Blue shaving cream - very, very nice scent

Post by crackstar »

The latest and the most elusive Proraso cream is finally here in Montreal, well - that is as far as I know, I'm the only guy here who has a tube of it!

Ease of lathering: 10/10--A pleasure to work up to lather. So rich and nice.

Longevity of lather: 10/10--Perfect. No problem for multi-passes.

General skincare: 9/10--Very soothing and gentle with a mild menthol sensation.

Scent: 10/10--Awesome. Not strong at all, at least not to my nose!

Price: N/A--I really don't know. It was a gift.

Would I buy again: 10/10--If it ever appears here, for sure!

Well, Proraso has created another treasure which I never thought I would get to try, and here it is. A cream with a beautiful scent which smells like classy cologne from Europe, the typical rich Proraso lather, and the menthol is back also, although not in a potent way - in fact it's not even as strong as the Proraso White bowl soap. I sure hope this great stuff will start selling in our stores.

JEFF
brothers

Post by brothers »

Jeff, thank you for the review. I think this is the most informative review of this new product to date. Very informative.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Thanks Jeff -- sounds like another great product from Proraso.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

brothers wrote:Jeff, thank you for the review. I think this is the most informative review of this new product to date. Very informative.
Thanks, Gary. :D It is so difficult for me to express myself correctly in English. If you only knew how much I need to think for the words before I say them. :oops:
JEFF
brothers

Post by brothers »

Jeff, you express yourself brilliantly. I look forward to reading your posts, especially your reviews.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Now this is something I'm interested in.
Regards,
Squire
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

brothers wrote:Jeff, you express yourself brilliantly. I look forward to reading your posts, especially your reviews.
Thanks so much, Gary. I have a lot of trouble with my English speech. I think in French or Hebrew, so to speak English is a big effort for me. My accent also is terrible and it refuses to go away. :oops:
JEFF
greyhawk

Post by greyhawk »

crackstar wrote:
brothers wrote:Jeff, you express yourself brilliantly. I look forward to reading your posts, especially your reviews.
Thanks so much, Gary. I have a lot of trouble with my English speech. I think in French or Hebrew, so to speak English is a big effort for me. My accent also is terrible and it refuses to go away. :oops:
Jeff, I'll second what Gary said. Your written communication is excellent. There is no accent when you're typing :P and I'm sure your spoken English is great as well.

Thanks for all of your reviews; they are most interesting and informative.
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

greyhawk wrote:
crackstar wrote:
Jeff, I'll second what Gary said. Your written communication is excellent. There is no accent when you're typing :P and I'm sure your spoken English is great as well.

Thanks for all of your reviews; they are most interesting and informative.
That's very nice from you - I appreciate it. My English has improved a little, but it is still not fluent. My brother-in-law sometimes helps me to write these reviews.
JEFF
Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

Awesome review, Jeff. I should have got this when it first came out. You're reviews are great. Easy to read and concise. Keep up the good work.

-Tye
Contributing Member to the Cause
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

Thanks so much, Tye. I should also mention that I am also very active on 2 European wetshaving forums which are Gut Rasiert which is a German group, and a Greek group.
JEFF
Nate

Post by Nate »

Does anyone know if they plan on offering this blue version in a tub?
brothers

Post by brothers »

I don't know, but I hope so. I'm sort of waiting to find out, because I think I might like using it as a soap instead of as a cream.
Gary

crackstar

Post by crackstar »

I just used it again this morning - what a pleasure! :D
JEFF
brothers

Post by brothers »

crackstar wrote:That's very nice from you - I appreciate it. My English has improved a little, but it is still not fluent. My brother-in-law sometimes helps me to write these reviews.
Jeff, I've wondered from time to time if there might be "ghost-writer" standing by every once in a while. My compliments to him also. Between the two of you, as I've stated earlier, it's a job well done! :lol:
Gary

changabang

Post by changabang »

crackstar wrote:
You do well, Jeff. What Squire is to blade reviews you are to soap and cream reviews. You're both fine assets for SMF.
James Nicks
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

brothers wrote:
crackstar wrote:That's very nice from you - I appreciate it. My English has improved a little, but it is still not fluent. My brother-in-law sometimes helps me to write these reviews.
Jeff, I've wondered from time to time if there might be "ghost-writer" standing by every once in a while. My compliments to him also. Between the two of you, as I've stated earlier, it's a job well done! :lol:
Thanks Gary. Without him my reviews would be awful. I spent a half hour just before trying to speak English to a telephone solicitor's manager because I was trying to tell him to remove my name from a call center's list. :lol:
JEFF
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

changabang wrote:
crackstar wrote:
You do well, Jeff. What Squire is to blade reviews you are to soap and cream reviews. You're both fine assets for SMF.
Thanks my friend. It is so difficult for me sometimes. :oops: :?
JEFF
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

You say it well enough Jeff but what's more important you have something worth saying.
Regards,
Squire
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

Squire wrote:You say it well enough Jeff but what's more important you have something worth saying.
Thanks. You are a real gentleman. :)
JEFF