PIF: Little Vie Long Horse Hair

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
LookingGlass

PIF: Little Vie Long Horse Hair

Post by LookingGlass »

Please let me know if you are interested. Nice little brush but not for me...I prefer boar.
Attachments
VLHH.JPG
VLHH.JPG (12.33 KiB) Viewed 2778 times
marine-mp

Re: PIF: Little Vie Long Horse Hair

Post by marine-mp »

Ed, If that brush is still available, I might like to try it on fer size. I tried to PM you but I guess my gun is out of boolits #-o !! Can't seem to get the PM to work, as I tried to PM gary also, with no success. Thank you Kindly. Semper-fi Mike
Semper-fi and This We'll Defend
brothers

Post by brothers »

MIke, I received your PM! I hope you enjoy the horse brush as much as I do mine.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
LookingGlass

Post by LookingGlass »

Mike,

PM came through. Unlike some other forums, SMF has an "Outbox" where messages sit until they are read by the recipient. Once it is no longer in the "Outbox", you should see your message in the sent area.

I responded - please send me your mailing address.
marine-mp

Post by marine-mp »

Thanks for the intel Fellas. I am looking forward to the brush also. I PM'd you both a few minutes ago. I was going to order a horse-hair brush next time I ordered from Royal but this will be like Christmas in March!!!!!!!! :lol: I sent you my address in the Pm, Ed. Thhank you kindly. Semper-fi. Mike
JRTASTER

Post by JRTASTER »

Beautiful brush finds new owner... very nice gesture, Ed.
And congratulations, Mike!
Enjoying wet shaving, again.
jr/John
LookingGlass

Post by LookingGlass »

Thanks to all......nice to be able to share with Mike.
marine-mp

Post by marine-mp »

I received Ed's most generous Vie Long horse hair today. It is a beautiful piece of work. I shall tame the whiskers at 0500 on the morrow :wink: and a "sit-rep" will follow. Thank you kindly, Ed. Semper-fi....Mike
LookingGlass

Post by LookingGlass »

marine-mp wrote:I received Ed's most generous Vie Long horse hair today. It is a beautiful piece of work. I shall tame the whiskers at 0500 on the morrow :wink: and a "sit-rep" will follow. Thank you kindly, Ed. Semper-fi....Mike
Mike,

You are most welcome. And, and as we discussed, from one military guy to another, thank you for your service to the USA.

Enjoy :mrgreen:
marine-mp

Post by marine-mp »

I used the Vie Long little horsehair this morning and was well pleased with the results. I did a bit of background on the horsehair and it seems that it likes the harder soaps as the brush may be a little stiffer than the badger and softer than the boar. The "Van der Williams" mix was a great test for the brush and held enough for a three pass shave. It will be sitting in the line-up from here on out. Thanks for the memories!!!!! Semper-fi Mike
wvbias

Post by wvbias »

Nothing quite like adding something new
to the shaving inventory.

Terry
marine-mp

Post by marine-mp »

Terry...I don't have a whole lot of stuff...over the years I've kindly narrowed my stash down to the "what works" and "what doesn't work" ....but I find lately I'm starting the "disorder" in a small way. I do enjoy the horsehair brush and find the "it may work, let's just see" catagory is making some much needed real-estate on my vanity shrink a bit #-o !!! Take care. Semper-fi Mike