Anyone Tried THE BEACH?

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
66GilletteSlim

Anyone Tried THE BEACH?

Post by 66GilletteSlim »

New guy here just wondering if anyone has tried The Beach Synergy soap? It looks pretty intriguing and wondering if it's any good. I've never tried any of the Synergy soaps so I don't know if it's any good.
jww
Woolly Bully

Re: Anyone Tried THE BEACH?

Post by jww »

Never tired it, but I never tire of this beach .....

Apologies for hijacking ---- you mention beach and I automatically think Ocean Park, Maine. :twisted:
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (48.83 KiB) Viewed 1621 times
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

There's quite a bit of info on Syngery shave soaps but I'm not into vegan products. I believe the correct way to develop a shaving soap is to use what works best irrespective of animal or other origin.

It seems to me the Syngery folks are developing shaving soap around a philosophy rather than the product's intended use.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

66GilletteSlim wrote:New guy here just wondering if anyone has tried The Beach Synergy soap? It looks pretty intriguing and wondering if it's any good. I've never tried any of the Synergy soaps so I don't know if it's any good.
The Synergy soaps lather very well. No worries. I have not tried the Beach, but I own 4 others. If you enjoy menthol, the Synergy version is as strong as advertised.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fisherc

Post by fisherc »

I just rcvd it. Shave efficacy is excellent. The synergy soaps are among the best of the best artisan shave soaps IMO. "The Beach" scent smells like Monoi Oil (Tahitian Gardenia infused oil used for after sun skin care)…also analogous to suntan lotion.

It's definitely unique and high quality though not something I'd want to shave with regularly due to the scent. If you're interested in it PM me.

Chris
66GilletteSlim

Post by 66GilletteSlim »

fisherc wrote:I just rcvd it. Shave efficacy is excellent. The synergy soaps are among the best of the best artisan shave soaps IMO. "The Beach" scent smells like Monoi Oil (Tahitian Gardenia infused oil used for after sun skin care)…also analogous to suntan lotion.

It's definitely unique and high quality though not something I'd want to shave with regularly due to the scent. If you're interested in it PM me.

Chris
Chris
Not sure if I did it correctly but I pm'd you and it says it's still in my outbox. Let me know if you got it, I'm still getting the hang of the site.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

PMs stay in the outbox until read by the recipient. Donno why, they just do.
Regards,
Squire
66GilletteSlim

Post by 66GilletteSlim »

Squire wrote:PMs stay in the outbox until read by the recipient. Donno why, they just do.
Thanks I was wondering