Mama Bear

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
GollyMrScience

Mama Bear

Post by GollyMrScience »

After a long time of big name soaps and creams I followed a few threads to Mama Bear.
Ordered a few just to try. Shipped really fast and tonight I picked them up.
I was originally after the non scented soap as my skin seems sensitive to some soaps. Got interested in some of her listed scents and added them to the list.
I just picked these soaps up at the post office and am smelling/experianceing them for the first time.
The non scented is ...well...non scented.
The Bergamont is so nice I just keep closing the lid and coming back just to open it and sniff it. DELICIOUS!
I lathered up the British Leather and just brushed it on to experiance it. My wife was really into the smell. I mean REALLY into the smell. **nudge nudge - wink wink - say no more say no more**
I'm gonna test drive the others - if she likes any of the others and I still have the strength after she demonstrates her approval I will report back.
Lord give me strength.
-Tom-

What the heck - lets just keep mixin' stuff together till it blows up or smells REALLY bad!!

Wet Shaving Missionary - "Have you been shaved?"
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I'm a big fan of her Lime and Almond Romance. Very good soaps at a great price.
DUQ

Post by DUQ »

:P Do you think I can get that British Leather soap in bulk? :twisted: I just finished th elast of my soap so I need to get more. So hard to choose.
GollyMrScience

Post by GollyMrScience »

You're right it is hard to choose.
Mama Bear has so many fragrances that it gets a bit overwhlming. I -emailed her and asked for some guidance and she came through with flying colours. Good advice with some excellent insight on the ins and outs of the scents and sensitive skin.
In the end I just took the plunge and ordered a bunch of them. Smell is such a personal thing. No matter how good a description in print it has to be experianced.
I plan on working my way through the major part of her collection - so she had better slow down on coming up with new scents!
As those of us that have been asked to render an opinion on their spouses perfume can attest (I have 30 years of experiance in that department) just sniffing the perfume directly is not a fair judgement. It has to be on you and smelled as a package.
The British Leather was exactly that for me. Sniffing right from the container I was so so on it. My wife liked it even then so I figured it would be the first test. Once on me as a real scent it was welcomed with rave reviews... in fact RAVING reviews.
Two....ummm....thumbs up.
I'm a big believer in getting confirmation of how good a scent is because many times I have slathered on something that I just love the smell of and my wife has indicated it was not the scent for me.
I have to admit I do not often wear any "on purpose" scents as in after shaves etc. as I am scent sensitive and I find them overpowering. A nice shave soap lingering scent does me fine.
For the younger men here that might still be in the hunt for an executive life manager just let me say that women to a great degree are very scent oriented. It pays to put some effort into researching the topic.
-Tom-

What the heck - lets just keep mixin' stuff together till it blows up or smells REALLY bad!!

Wet Shaving Missionary - "Have you been shaved?"
Scrapyard Ape

Post by Scrapyard Ape »

The only Mama Bear soap I've tried is the Turkish Bazaar. Nothing but good as far as I'm concerned. Now if only I can decide which one to try next.
~Greg
Mama Bear

Re: Mama Bear

Post by Mama Bear »

GollyMrScience wrote: **nudge nudge - wink wink - say no more say no more**
I feel like such an enabler.... :D maybe you should try the British leather in a cologne and aftershave ..... 8) 8) :D

Go Tom! Wooohooooo! :twisted:
Sue (Mama Bear)
www.bear-haven.com