ingrown hairs

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
emsplace
Owner of emsplace.com

Post by emsplace »

Hi Joel,

Hey guys, don't shoot the messenger when I say sometimes shaving too.... close can cause ingrown hairs. There is actually a clinical type wording, Pseudofollculitis Barbae, which is a skin irritation that occurs when facial hair becomes ingrown after shaving too close. As I understand it, men with curly hair and African Americans are especially prone to this. So in the quest for the perfect or the baby's bottom type of shave keep in mind that these kinds of skin reactions can occur. Sometimes over shaving is not always a good thing.

Here is a graphic http://www.emsplace.com/forum.htm

And as many of you talk about, making sure the whiskers are properly softened before shaving is key for comfort so the razor can cut and glide over the shaving area and not pull the hair out. A shaving brush, warm lather, letting the razor glide using a light touch, not shaving like your face is a race track and not over shaving helps many guys to get an irritation free shave - especially with sensitive skin. An irritating and uncomforable shave is not normal. But you guys already know this stuff - it's the ones that haven't discoved wet shaving that could really benefit.

And I don't want to sound like a broken record when I say that for troubled skin products with lavender or tea tree essential oil may be helpful.

I'm not sure if this would be the cause in your particular case, but knowing about this is something to consider. And since you are a member of a wet shaver forum you already know about these shaving techniques that can make for a better shave experience :-)

Wet shaving, not just for past generations, but an evolving trend!
Em
Em's Place, Vendor