The Plissons Are Here

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
VintageBlades
Vendor

The Plissons Are Here

Post by VintageBlades »

OMG are they beautiful. As soon as Erin and I get the day's order picked and packed, I will start on some pictures for the site. I just don't know if I can do them justice. I also don't know if I can overcome the temptation to keep about a dozen of them for myself. OMG. I know. I already said that. OMG.

It's just so overwhelming to be surrounded by 139 Plissons all at one time. I'm sorry. It's just too much to bear. Please someone help me. :wink:
Jim
~ Vintage Blades LLC ~
http://vintagebladesllc.com/
wayne06

Post by wayne06 »

Jim,

Calm down, take a deep breath, it will be OK. Just think of how many people would like to be in your shoes right now. WOW!!!! \:D/
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

NO!! Go away! I don't want to see! My water would just trash them anyway. Leave me alone!
Gordon
diggity

Post by diggity »

bernards66 wrote:NO!! Go away! I don't want to see! My water would just trash them anyway. Leave me alone!
Gordon
The first cry for help.... (when I say help, I mean help acquiring one).... :lol:
Nathan
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

I keep reaching for my wallet. Problem is, I'm sitting here in boxer shorts..... :shock: ... :lol:
Regards,
David
Churchill

Post by Churchill »

Good thing you don't carry a money clip...
Bob
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
de gustibus non est disputandum
VintageBlades
Vendor

Post by VintageBlades »

I just received an update from Plisson this morning. The pieces that were "shorted" from my initial order are being shipped the end of next week. Included are some Size 16 and 18 Plexi brushes in European White and Sizes 8, 10, 14, 16, and 18 Horn brushes in High Mountain White.

Of more importance to those of you who have this "thing" about two-banded HMW, Plisson management has agreed to supply me with two-banded hair going forward "when possible". Of course, most of what I have on hand currently in sizes below Size 16 is 3-band.

Any feedback on 2-band versus 3-band brushes would be appreciated. Being new to this line, I am having trouble understanding the issue. I compared two Horn HMW Size 14's that are currently in stock. Candidly, other than appearance, I could discern no appreciable difference between the two.

As always, your guidance in these matters is appreciated.
Last edited by VintageBlades on Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jim
~ Vintage Blades LLC ~
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

VintageBlades wrote:Candidly, other than appearance, I could discern no appreciable difference between the two.
Ahhhh! Enter the Plisson apologists....
Richard
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Jim, do the Plexi brushes come in HMW?
Regards,
Marty
---------------------------------------------------

"Be still! Me mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of thought cascading in a waterfall of creative alternatives."
jojo

Post by jojo »

Also -- Jim -- you mentioned that you might be posting photos. Is that something you'll be doing on your website?
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Note to Club members. Richard scores more points toward next month's Award! Way to go, Richard!
Regards,
Gordon
Last edited by bernards66 on Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

bernards66 wrote:Note to Club members. Richard scores more points toward next month Award! Way to go, Richard!
Regards,
Gordon
Just wondering how the price adds up to such a hefty sum for a non-two band, non-unique looking "uber premium" brush is all. If Simpson/Vulfix tried to release a 'Mancunian' brush with bog-standard looking bristle this there would be much discussion/crying/gnashing.

Apologies to Jim, but being a shave forum I just can't let this one slide. And besides, it's expected of me.
Richard
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Richard, Yes, it is expected of you....which is why you're usually ahead of the pack when I do my tallies for our little Association ( chuckle ). But, Plissons are expensive, period.....and you know why. Same reason Creed cologne is, or the real piece de resistance, the AOS pre-shave oil. But, I hear you in the sense that at that price it's understandable that some would insist on a two banded speciman, even if it was for aesthetic reasons alone.
Regards,
Gordon
MichaelS

Post by MichaelS »

When I acquired a brush directly from Plisson, I asked to see pics and they were pleased to oblige and then reserve my choice.

I'd be interested to know whether the badger hairs on the three-band HMWs (which I've never seen 'live') are of the same thick gauge as the two banded HMWs and whether the white tips are of the same length...

But (warning, here comes the apologist :wink: ) I rate overall build quality as an equally important criteria and Plisson are up there with the very best!

Michael

PS 'Mancunian' brush, I love it!
Churchill

Post by Churchill »

I have to say that although I really like the look of the Plisson brushes I would rate them 4th in performance and quality for the price behind Rooney,Simpson and Shavemac and in that order.
Bob
Baloosh

Post by Baloosh »

I also contend that when I owned a Plisson EW brush, it ranked up there with the best, but ultimately came in below my Savile Row, Simpson and Shavemac brushes.

When you buy a Plisson you also buy the name/prestige/etc... no doubting that.
Jason

Post by Nitrox »

I have to agree with Richard on this one and I'm sure Peter will also agree. :lol: I wonder how many Plissons the good doctor has returned when they showed up as 3 band. :wink: :lol:
When I got mine from JJ, all the HMWs were 2 band as far as I can recall.
Like others said, you are paying for the look, otherwise the C&E el cheapo performs just as good.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
VintageBlades
Vendor

Post by VintageBlades »

Whistler wrote:Jim, do the Plexi brushes come in HMW?
No, the Plexi brushes are available only in European White and European Grey. I have decide to stock them only in the European White in Sizes 12, 14, 16, and 18.
Jim
~ Vintage Blades LLC ~
VintageBlades
Vendor

Post by VintageBlades »

jojo wrote:Also -- Jim -- you mentioned that you might be posting photos. Is that something you'll be doing on your website?
Individual photos of actual brushes received have been posted on the site in lieu of the stock Plisson photos.
Jim
~ Vintage Blades LLC ~