Penhaligon's EdT Atomizers -- Any decant solutions??

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
woodsrider

Penhaligon's EdT Atomizers -- Any decant solutions??

Post by woodsrider »

Well, I've accumulated a small collection of Penhaligon's scents in the Eau de Toilette strength. I know that the aftershaves still have the "shaker" style top, but all of the EdT scents appear to come with the (maddening) atomizer. I would sometimes like to apply just a small amount, and it irks me that I'm forced into applying the "manufacturer's recommended dosage."

I've read that someone made a special order from Penhaligon's to get their EdT with the shaker top, but I'm too late for that, I'm afraid. Has anyone found an acceptable way to decant the atomizer bottles without completely destroying the atomizer top? I would like to decant some into some small glass vials for travel, the office, etc. Any thoughts?
Lynn
SteveK

Post by SteveK »

Buy small Nalgene® containers (available at “The Container Store” if any are in your area). These are small plastic screw cap bottles, used in laboratories and formulated with a plastic material that is fairly non-reactive with chemicals. The opening is large enough on even the smaller sizes (~50ml, I think) such that one can hold the EdT nozzle very close and spray into the bottle. You can collect a fair amount of liquid this way without waste while leaving the EdT bottle intact. Not a very elegant solution, but effective nonetheless. They make excellent travel containers too, since they are relatively unbreakable.

Steve
woodsrider

Post by woodsrider »

Thanks, Steve. I might even have a couple of small Nalgene bottles in the basement. I also have some small glass vials on the way from an outfit called Specialty Bottle. I'll initially try just spraying into the bottles/vials and see how much of a mess I end up with. If that fails, I'll have to figure out some type of funnel solution...

Regards,
Lynn
Lynn
e d o

Post by e d o »

Faced with the same delima I got out the tools and removed the atomizer. It seemed like the best way to do some decants. I don't regret it.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

edo, If you don't mind sharing, how did you remove the spray mechanism without breaking the glass? I've often pondered this question.
Regards,
Gordon
woodsrider

Post by woodsrider »

e d o wrote:Faced with the same delima I got out the tools and removed the atomizer. It seemed like the best way to do some decants. I don't regret it.
edo:
After the atomizerectomy, how did you stopper the bottles? Did you use a cork, a plug/shaker top from a Penhaligon's aftershave, or ____? Many thanks.
Lynn
permedmullet

Post by permedmullet »

I know it's too late for the bottles you already own, but if you're planning on purchasing a new bottle of Blenheim Bouquet, it's available from Penhaligon's website in a splash bottle (200ml size) as an EDT, in addition to the splash aftershave.
mull it over