Wilkinson Classic Blades vs. Blue Package

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Steve

Wilkinson Classic Blades vs. Blue Package

Post by Steve »

Most of what I see online are Wilkinson Sword "Classic" blades in a white package. I also see a blue package made in W. Germany that does not say "Classic". Does anyone know the difference?

Steve
slackskin

Difference?

Post by slackskin »

Not sure of difference vs blue pack, but I sure get great shaves with the white pack.
AxelH

Post by AxelH »

Back in '07 or '08 I had very good shaves with the white pack. Don't know about the black.
Lover of cold, hard steel.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Steve I avoid blades made in Germany because they are overpriced. Costs of production I suppose but blades from India or Russia are better and cheaper.
Regards,
Squire
GregPQ

Post by GregPQ »

I'm old enough to remember--fondly--the great Wilkinson Sword blades of the early 1960's.

I've been consistently disappointed with today's German-made Wilkinsons. I've picked them up at a local grocery store in Massachusetts and at a Tesco's in Scotland.

Such a tempting combination though, Wilkinson + Made In Germany. To be avoided, in my experience.

Greg
Fiat lux, et facta est lux. Que la lumière soit, et la lumière fut. Let there be light, and there was light.
Jonnieboy61

Post by Jonnieboy61 »

GregPQ wrote:I'm old enough to remember--fondly--the great Wilkinson Sword blades of the early 1960's.

I've been consistently disappointed with today's German-made Wilkinsons. I've picked them up at a local grocery store in Massachusetts and at a Tesco's in Scotland.

Such a tempting combination though, Wilkinson + Made In Germany. To be avoided, in my experience.

Greg
Greg

I have to agree, these German produced blades seem harsh to me and leave me with a lot of irritation despite lots of cold water rinse.

Shame the Light Brigades are still not produced :cry:
John