NOS Old Spice shave soap

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
m3m0ryleak

NOS Old Spice shave soap

Post by m3m0ryleak »

Picked some up (in a late glass 04 mug, circa 1992?) via another site's B/S/T. Creamy, cushiony, tallow lather (lots of it).
Why can't P&G still make this? :cry:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater
Tony

"They say that dreams are growing wild just this side of Burma Shave" - Tom Waits
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

They could make it or have it made but I would be surprised if they did.
Regards,
Squire
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

Yeah, Tony, it is good stuff, I've used it in the past. Their bath soap, in the shape of a whale's tooth was pretty good too! But that was back when Shulton was the owner; P&G is too "big" to consider such a trivial matter as to make a good tallow shave soap. Probably not enough money in it.

Regards,
David
Regards,
David
brothers

Post by brothers »

I'm a bit too cynical, I admit. They'd have to have a projected market penetration of astronomical proportions, fueled by major media advertising campaigns, with millions of units needing to be sold rapidly in order to even consider a new product. I'm just guessing.

What's always puzzled me is that the recipes for all of these wonderful old products could be rounded up and purchased for royalties from the current owners, and could be manufactured in relatively small runs and sold to guys like you and me.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Straight Arrow

Post by Straight Arrow »

OS soap=blissful shave
Rich
Quarterstick

Re: NOS Old Spice shave soap

Post by Quarterstick »

m3m0ryleak wrote:Why can't P&G still make this? :cry:
Also, P&G is already tying up their efforts in the wet shaving area in Art of Shaving. The Old Spice brand does not really fit with the AOS image.
Andy

An elephant for a dime is only a good deal if you need an elephant and you have a dime.
aircraft_electrician

Post by aircraft_electrician »

The company I work for manufactures a good deal of P&G's aerosol products, and we were told yesterday P&G are planning to eliminate over 5000 jobs over the course of this year. We aren't sure how this will affect our contracts with them yet.

Maybe business wouldn't be so bad if they listened to the consumers and made the quality products we want and stopped messing with the formulas of products that have been around for decades.
A razor is a good deal like a gun, much depends on the man behind it - paraphrased from John Philip Sousa

ALWAYS wear a helmet when on 2 wheels; a helmet saved my life on 1Oct2007!