GPS Nav for I Phone

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
sgtrecon212

GPS Nav for I Phone

Post by sgtrecon212 »

What is a good free GPS navigation application for an IPhone 4s? I haven't a clue.

Thanks!
Steve
______
Go Cubbies
beartrap

Re: GPS Nav for I Phone

Post by beartrap »

I use Navigon. A little complex for average user but works great for my needs.
Steve
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

Probably anything else except Apple Maps. I wonder if they will announce later today some long overdue improvements in iOS 7.....

Gareth
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

I find that Google maps is pretty good for navagation (and its free).

Mike
Regards,
Mike
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

I actually like Apple's mapping app and think the criticism was way overdone. I used it this past weekend. New iOS features will be announced today, possibly some changes to the map app. I used Mapquest before Apple added voice directions, and it worked well.
Jim
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

Sam, I have the app called NavFree on my Iphone. I really haven't used it, but it looks decent.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
JayTrek

Post by JayTrek »

Kyle76 wrote:I actually like Apple's mapping app and think the criticism was way overdone. I used it this past weekend. New iOS features will be announced today, possibly some changes to the map app. I used Mapquest before Apple added voice directions, and it worked well.
I have used Apple Maps a few times for navigation and have not had any issue with it either.
Regards,
Jason

Upon Further Review...
maskaggs

Post by maskaggs »

Waze. I highly recommend it; even though Google has (is trying to?) bought it, it should stay solid. You can leave out the social features and still get a solid experience.
Regards,
Mike
maskaggs

Post by maskaggs »

Jupiter wrote:I find that Google maps is pretty good for navagation (and its free).

Mike
Also - before I jumped ship to Android, I used this. They worked very well for me.
Regards,
Mike
Gene

Post by Gene »

Evening folks.

A second recommendation for Waze.

It saved my bacon in Calgary last month - getting me back to the airport when my GPS failed.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

I use Google Maps as well with no issues - I had the Garmin app but found it slow and bloated...
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

I started with some free app, but later switched to Navigon. I imagine the included Apple maps will include spoken directions soon (I don't have them in iOS6 on an iPhone4 - maybe the 5, with Siri, does). The fuss over Apple maps was pretty silly - it seems all the problems were with the flyover view, and there won't be an issue with flyover view in rural NS for a very long time!

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

drmoss_ca wrote:The fuss over Apple maps was pretty silly - it seems all the problems were with the flyover view
Perhaps so in the USA and Canada, but some of the mapping here in the UK is diabolical. I'm talking roads mapped completely wrong, town names spelt incorrectly....pretty basic stuff really that should be right. Amazingly, most of the 'errors' still haven't been rectified yet.

Gareth