Misguided PM's

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
Sue
Vendor

Misguided PM's

Post by Sue »

Hello,

I am unsure where I should post this question but tonight I received four old PM's that apparently were never delivered so it looks as though I rudely never responded.

In the left hand column, under the person's avatar and name I choose the radio button for 'PM', type my message and send it. What am I doing wrong? These are not messages from a few moments ago or even today.

Sue
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Sue,

I wouldn't worry about apearing rude. Vince made it known that there was a PM issue going on, and that he was working on it. If you haven't already responded to the PM's, you might include a reminder that there have been some problems.

This isn't as bad as the situation I ran into earlier in the year. I received an email for one of our salesman...it was 9 months old when it arrived!

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
JackieMartling

Post by JackieMartling »

Sue, am I on that list? According to my Outbox, you haven't actually read the message I sent you last Friday, which I have a hard time believing. I'm thinking the PM system is having problems. You've got my e-mail, so you can send a message to me there, if need be.

Nathan
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

Hi Sue,

Here is what happened...you received those private messages from four individuals. For each one, you probably received the auto-generated PM notification. You then replied to each one by clicking the reply button within your email program. Consequently they did not get routed to the intended members but rather went to the forumadmin mailbox that I check periodically.

The thing is, the only way to respond to a PM is by using the PM system. This is done by clicking the link within the email notification (which you did not do for those four messages).

This is not your fault. You are one of many who did this which is why I reverted the notification template back to it's previous state. I'm sure you'll find it much more intuitive in this form.

Sorry for the inconvenience and misunderstanding. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Vince

P.S. Just so we're clear, the PM system is online and fully operational. If you do experience any issuse please email me directly or post a new thread within the forum.
:::Vince:::
JackieMartling

Post by JackieMartling »

Vince, that's good to know. I agree that the original notification form - with the link to the PM, rather than a reproduction of the PM's text - is less likely to lead to this problem, as it requires one to go to the PM feature on this site in order to read the message. If Sue only read my PM in her e-mail inbox, and not on this site, and responded in kind, that would explain why my PM to Sue still shows as having been unread by her, and why I didn't receive a reply.

Nathan
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

Yup...you are correct. I just confirmed that Sue did send you a response which was "misguided". You may want to contact her again.
JackieMartling wrote:Vince, that's good to know. I agree that the original notification form - with the link to the PM, rather than a reproduction of the PM's text - is less likely to lead to this problem, as it requires one to go to the PM feature on this site in order to read the message. If Sue only read my PM in her e-mail inbox, and not on this site, and responded in kind, that would explain why my PM to Sue still shows as having been unread by her, and why I didn't receive a reply.

Nathan
:::Vince:::