June 6 Watch Out!!

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Ouchmychin

June 6 Watch Out!!

Post by Ouchmychin »

Today on one of my satellite channels, they were broadcasting a spot announcement showing the tremendous progress Gillette had made in the art of shaving, from Trac II to Tracer to Sensor to Mach 3 to Fusion, They say that the latest will be unleashed on June 6, so get ready. I predict a musical vibrator to sooth your nerves as it soothes your face. Anyone care to add their predictions?
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

In absurdum.
Regards,
Jani
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

Gillette unveiled it's latest razor today, the 'Entmannte MK 1.' Inspired by the WW2 Hienkle zwillig, the twin head, 10 blade unit sports a press to extend syptic pencil in one handle and 'FREE' sample vial of aftershave in the other. Rumours the aftershave is being promoted by $1 STORES USA have niether been confirmed or denied.
GollyMrScience

Post by GollyMrScience »

"Recognizing the resurgence of traditional shaving Gillette has been monitoring a popular website called ShaveMyFace and has re-introduced a "Tradtional Men's Razor Line". Using craftsmanship and designs from days gone by Gillette will be bringing the types of double edged razors and blades that made Gillette the go to shaving decision for generations of men."
I'm dreaming but if so I may as well dream in Technicolour!!
-Tom-

What the heck - lets just keep mixin' stuff together till it blows up or smells REALLY bad!!

Wet Shaving Missionary - "Have you been shaved?"
95%

Post by 95% »

Pete, it's the previously-announced Fusion ProGlide, which is an improved version of the familiar 5-blade cartridge. Setting aside the marketing hype, I expect it to be the best multiblade razor yet. There will also be a new line of canned shave creams, but I will ignore them.
Porter
Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

95% wrote:Pete, it's the previously-announced Fusion ProGlide
Or, based on how hard they're marketing this, is it the ProFusion Glide? I'll stick to my 50-year-old Gillettes, thanks.
“Time just seems to get quicker. You look in the mirror in the morning and you think, ‘I’m already shaving again!’” - Terry Jones of Monty Python's Flying Circus
95%

Post by 95% »

Steve, the name is downright silly. I've never understood why they chose "Fusion." What is fused? They could just as well have called it "Fission."

But apart from the Madison Avenue stuff, Gillette has always been about solid technology. Your 50-year-old DE's offer daily proof of that, and so do the Gillette multiblades, in my opinion.
Porter
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I would love to find Fusion cartridges at 10 for a dollar. I'd get me aa bunch. Much as I liked to use mine it was probably the most difficult razor to use in tight spots. Now I have invested in an old Schick injector. That is a wonderful razor. It cleans up the stubble left by my Gillete Fatboy with Feather blades. And it is a whiz under my nose.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Oh good Lord, the horse is supposed to pull the cart not stand behind and push it. Gillette is going forward with marketing which is understandable though regrettable.
Regards,
Squire
m3m0ryleak

Post by m3m0ryleak »

GollyMrScience wrote: I may as well dream in Technicolour!!
Whilst I was taking Chantrix going through nicotine withdrawal, I did indeed dream in Technicolor and HD to boot. :shock:

T0ny
function

Post by function »

June 6 had better watch out, I plan to get an iKon or a Progress for my birthday on June 5, and first use will likely be the following day. Maybe I'll put a Gillette blade in it if I have any, just to fit in the marketing for the day.
Nick

Give me Lavender or give me death.
marsos52

Post by marsos52 »

history is finally repeating itself

i hear gillette is unveiling a re-issue superspeed and fatboy made from
Titanium... and with it comes a 5 blade pack of The Spoilers all made in the usa

dream on
marc
Last edited by marsos52 on Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

95% wrote:Steve, the name is downright silly. I've never understood why they chose "Fusion." What is fused? They could just as well have called it "Fission."

But apart from the Madison Avenue stuff, Gillette has always been about solid technology. Your 50-year-old DE's offer daily proof of that, and so do the Gillette multiblades, in my opinion.
"fusion" is the abbreviated discriptive term for the blade. in today's world we are all about abbreviation terminology. the official name for this product is; "con-fusion" this discriptive name reflects the state of mind of the consumer towards this product.
Gil
futur/EJ357/ gillette redtip
iridium ,blue IP
thater, shavemac.anchorset/tgn,sr3226
dirty bird
and a prayer
crankymoose

Post by crankymoose »

I predict at the very least it will have some kind of light to it so you can see to shave those damm whiskers,
possibly a laser and or built in mp3 player or memory stick
a recharging stand for the fusion vibrating model so batteries are always charged
more blades, fancier handle though still cheap plastc
and obviously higher price
Jim
bald1

Post by bald1 »

June 6th brings the new Green Machine from Gillette:

Solar powered, 5 speed vibrating razor taking twin tiered 6 blade assemblies for a total of 12 twitching edges to scrap your face with.

Oh I just can't wait........

NOT!!!!
--Bob
Gene

Post by Gene »

95% wrote:I've never understood why they chose "Fusion." What is fused? They could just as well have called it "Fission."
That's easy: "Fusion" is safer than "Fission"

The sun is a "Fusion" reactor. That's why solar radiation can kill you if it gets on you, but is harmless after is has passed by, leaving no residue that need be measured in half-lives.

"Fission" bombs are dirtier than "Fusion" bombs (I think... A dubious distinction, to be sure)

Cold "Fusion" reactors could irrigate the Sahara using the equivalent of a two-litre bottle of hydrogen. (Now THAT's pretty cool!)

Or something like that.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
95%

Post by 95% »

Gene wrote:That's easy: "Fusion" is safer than "Fission"
Well, not in weaponry, of course. An A-bomb has less explosive power than an H-bomb.
Porter
Gene

Post by Gene »

95% wrote:
Gene wrote:That's easy: "Fusion" is safer than "Fission"
Well, not in weaponry, of course. An A-bomb has less explosive power than an H-bomb.
I thought it was the other way around.

Silly me.

But of course...blown up is still blown up.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
willy de sousa

Post by willy de sousa »

The last multi blade razor i used was a MACH3 never even got to use the fusion , i am happy with me DE razors. So dont think i will be spending my $$$$$ on any new multi blade razors
95%

Post by 95% »

Right, Willy, you have no reason to switch. The cartridges can run into big money. I like the Fusion notwithstanding, but each to his own.
Porter