Supplies in San Juan

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
aircraft_electrician

Supplies in San Juan

Post by aircraft_electrician »

The Air Force has decided I need to spend 6 weeks in San Juan Puerto Rico...I know, it's a rough life, but since they've put me in a hotel on Isla Verde beach I'll find a way to deal with it.

Anyway, a web search hasn't been helpful at all, and I'd like to find a place to buy some nice shaving gear. I found some AOS stuff at the PX at Fort Buchanon, but that's all I've seen. Do you guys know of a place or 2 in the San Juan area that I can satisfy my AD?

Thanks,
Tom
A razor is a good deal like a gun, much depends on the man behind it - paraphrased from John Philip Sousa

ALWAYS wear a helmet when on 2 wheels; a helmet saved my life on 1Oct2007!
brothers

Post by brothers »

Tom, I'm starting to get the idea that the only SJ, PR product availability report that gets posted here might be the one you post after your trip! I hope you find some hidden gems there, and that you have a pleasant and memorable tour of duty there.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I recommend the Rum.
Regards,
Squire
aircraft_electrician

Post by aircraft_electrician »

I guess I'm just going to have to wander around the shopping areas of Old San Juan and see if I can find anything. So far I've been taking Squire's advice a bit too much, perhaps, and haven't had time for much else, aside from work, of course.
A razor is a good deal like a gun, much depends on the man behind it - paraphrased from John Philip Sousa

ALWAYS wear a helmet when on 2 wheels; a helmet saved my life on 1Oct2007!