Hi From Perth Western Australia

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
Vittoria

Hi From Perth Western Australia

Post by Vittoria »

Hi all From Australia
I have been collected Safety Razors for 27 and a wet shaver for 41 years.
I have collection of mainly Gillette and Valet Razors but no real high end models.
I should have acquired most of them many years ago as the prices now are crazy.
I have only recently reconnected with razor forums after some time away.
Well there is a bit of my story.
Cheers to you all
brothers

Re: Hi From Perth Western Australia

Post by brothers »

Hello! Welcome to SMF. Looking forward to hearing about your shaving experiences and products. :D
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Welcome, Vittoria! Glad to have you join us!

- Murray
Brutus

Post by Brutus »

Vittoria wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 8:25 am Hi all From Australia
I have been collected Safety Razors for 27 and a wet shaver for 41 years.
I have collection of mainly Gillette and Valet Razors but no real high end models.
I should have acquired most of them many years ago as the prices now are crazy.
I have only recently reconnected with razor forums after some time away.
Well there is a bit of my story.
Cheers to you all
Hello to Perth!

During my piloting career, I flew into Perth twice, but that was so long ago that I don’t even recall the Swan Bell Tower 🔕 that was completed in 2000, as I just read.
What I do remember were some nice, relaxed evenings down at the Swan river, probably around the Supreme Court Gardens (which, like the Swan Tower, I had to look up just now, because I forgot the name of location on the river 8) ).

That was probably also the time when you could collect vintage double edge razors for little money.
I picked up a few Gillettes that I now use only rarely, but haven’t got the heart to sell either.
They just hibernate in my cabinet for future days while my two DE weapons of choice are now titan Tataras that replaced the stainless steel Tataras that replaced the Mühle R41 that replaced… (I guess you get my drift :D )

Over time one seems to collect quite a few, although the pace of my acquisitions has now slowed down considerably.

Welcome to SMF. 👋
It may be quieter here than on some other forums, but what it lacks in traffic this site makes up for in knowledge and civility.

B.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell
Vittoria

Post by Vittoria »

I'm pleased to meet you all
Cheers